TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSM07SGT5501 Mod Work Pictures

1/19/09

Okay everybody, after six months of mods and changes since buying new in July, my SGT (now a SGT/SC) is pretty much done. The only thing remaining is installation of the Shelby F-R big brakes install which Baer is backed-up on and are on back order. I may put the front brake duct kit on as well.

I have taken engine, exterior and interior pics to share and have reduced to managable sizes I think. Please let me know what you think. I have tried to keep the car tasteful and classy but a little menacing at the same time. I took the Stang to my old corvette club hangout Saturday night. The guys that thought I was nuts to get rid of the ZO6 now understand. Alot of compliments about the looks and the performance from the little ole 281!

My changes and mods are listed below. I purchased the SC and the wheels-tires through Tampa Bay Shelby who also did the install on this. The rest has been done in the old home garage.

Mechanical:

Shelby/Paxton Supercharger

Sequential taillights

CS69 20x9 and 20x10 wheels; Nitto 555 Extreme tires

Shelby/Baer Big Brake Kit (not installled yet). Purchased rust to primer converter and paint to do the rear axles, etc. when brakes go on.

Exterior:

Shelby Berg gas cap cover

Shortie antenna

Shelby '08 upper grill surround (eliminating the GT cutout grill)

Shelby Lower front billet grill

Shelby billet hood pins

Color matched upper mirror covers

Black polished billet gas cap cover

Replaced front hood scoop (warranty fiberglass replacement-installed with rivet nuts)

Removed bumper, hood, roof, deck lid and rear bumper stripes. New stripes replaced under warranty rolled and stored.

Rubbed, buffed and polished exterior paint

Interior:

Mr. Shelby signed-numbered visor (in process)

Shelby headrest covers

Polished cup holder trim

Matching dead pedal

Passport 9500 lasar/radar detector

When we were removing the defective stripes, I saw this completely different looking car emerge in all black. Once we set the new scoop on for drilling the matching holes, I knew this saw the look for me, plus this can be made as original with application of the stripes and any time. On old Shelbys, there were sometimes contrasting scoop colors. The car is now what I will be happy with for many years and can keep tinkering with things such as making the hood scoop functional, etc. Thanks for giving it a look!

Sincerely,

Doug Nash

DougsBadBlackMustang

CSM# 07SGT5501

post-20776-1232376953_thumb.jpg

post-20776-1232377031_thumb.jpg

post-20776-1232377306_thumb.jpg

post-20776-1232376953_thumb.jpg

post-20776-1232377031_thumb.jpg

post-20776-1232377306_thumb.jpg

Nice looking ride...different but still nice....a sleeper look...I 'll bet you'll get the "oh its a fake" at the lights and when you leave them in the dust they'll be wondering.....

People think mine is a 'fake' all the time, but mostly because no one seems to know what an SGT is either way.

Nice job on the mods. I definitely have Paxton envy. ;)

Ken

Archived