TEAM SHELBY FORUM

QUATER WINDOW PROBLEMS

STSVT

side quarter windows quarter window problems Have any of you guys noticed at the very bottom edge of the rear side windows becoming cloudy or discolored. I have been looking at new and used mustangs and it seems the ones not gararged and exposed to the elements develope this problem. It looks like the rain water just sits in the small channel between the window and body area because its only happening on the bottom edges. It must be that the elements are deteriorating the black paint that is applied to the outer edges of the glass. I wonder if this covered under warrenty its just a cosmetic issue but looks like crap. Some cars i have seen are 2008 models what will these windows look like in five years or so. The only thing is if ford replaces the rear side glass the dealership workers may do more harm than good. They may break interior parts and cause water leaks etc..... on the newly installed windows. I dont know if these windows have nuts or clips holding them in plus the weatherstrip glue or whats involed to replace them Thanks for any info anyone can share. (Sorry spelled quarter wrong)

These instructions will give you an idea of what's involved in removing the quarter windows.

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/installat...nstallation.pdf

In fact, if the windows go bad these SilverHorse Racing vent louvers may not be a bad alternative....

Archived