TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SOLD

bigtv

at 3pm on Sunday a 07 Black SGT sold at Barrett Jackson for $37,000. Not too bad

It had no Mods and had about 100 miles.

John

Yeah, just saw that. I think he said it only had 40 miles on it. I would have thought it would have sold in the 40's.

This car was brand new and being sold by a Ford dealer from California. I talked to the dealership owner earlier in the week. He brought several cars to BJ. Basically said he had no choice to if he wanted to keep his dealerships open.

Although the Shelby sold for $37k he probably has $5k into it with the sellers fee, the auction fee and the transportation from CA to AZ for a net of $32k. Not a good time to be a Ford dealer in rural central California.

Stee

Still, to get $37K for what is a 2 (going on 3) year old model car, that's not bad I think! That's not much less than I paid for mine new in mid '07. Seems as if the Shelby GT's are holding their value pretty well.

I did not think it was to bad either, I paid 38k for min in August 2007, retained value nicely IMO. Congrats to Tony for his $72,000 donation to CSCF. Thanx Tony, very noble of you.

Chris

+1 I agree

I paid $37k in Nov 07 for my SGT-Ca... :happy feet:

I paid 38K for my 07 SGT in 12/07, new, from a local Ford dealer. The only thing that makes mine a little more unique is that it is one of the only 508 black automatics produced. I didn't buy mine for resale value but it is nice to see they aren't going down like a regular car would. :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

When I learned about it, I was thinking that it was intersting that BJ thought the car interesting enough to include on the rooster, and regardless, someone still paid +$40k with buyer fee. A good sign!

Just have to market the car to the right audience I guess.

I think a white one would have fetched even more.

Archived