TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BJ 2010 GT 500 postponed

specracer

Again just want everyone to know that this internet story is untrue. Mr Shelby had no plans on attending the BJ auction this year and its disappointing that BJ is putting blame on Mr Shelby for Ford pulling the 2010 Shelby GT500.

Steve

Maybe they are going to quickly redesign the rear bumper? Not that I don't like it, but many seem not to....

Its not so much the bumper as the rear being rounded off & the back-up lights put between the tail lights.

Was the car even at Barrett-Jackson. I know the Raptor and Cobra Jet was moved up about 50 cars to get on air for Speed TV. I saw several '09s on the coverage and even a KR or so but never any glimpse of the 2010 500.

Was the car even at Barrett-Jackson. I know the Raptor and Cobra Jet was moved up about 50 cars to get on air for Speed TV. I saw several '09s on the coverage and even a KR or so but never any glimpse of the 2010 500.

The 2010 GT500 was there, at least earlier during the week. Speed showed the car earlier in the week, mentioning that it was one of the cars scheduled for Saturday.

:hysterical3:

As the camera periodically panned through the show room I could see a Kona Blue coupe with white stripes, it was at the very bottom, left of the screen. I saw it several times Friday night and throughout the day Saturday. I do not recall seeing it Sunday though. They weren't auctioning off the car though, but the rights to the first car (so you could order it the way you want it), correct? The car was there just for "show". Same thing GM did with the :hysterical3: 2010 camaro. Palm Springs doesn't start until April 9. The 2010's should be on Dealer lots by then (or very soon there after), from what I've been reading. Read somewhere that Mr. Shelby will spec the first car and then BJ will action that car at Palm Springs.

:hysterical3:

As the camera periodically panned through the show room I could see a Kona Blue coupe with white stripes, it was at the very bottom, left of the screen. I saw it several times Friday night and throughout the day Saturday. I do not recall seeing it Sunday though. They weren't auctioning off the car though, but the rights to the first car (so you could order it the way you want it), correct? The car was there just for "show". Same thing GM did with the :hysterical3: 2010 camaro. Palm Springs doesn't start until April 9. The 2010's should be on Dealer lots by then (or very soon there after), from what I've been reading. Read somewhere that Mr. Shelby will spec the first car and then BJ will action that car at Palm Springs.

I dont think they will make it to the lat by early April. Maybe late April early June. I hope ours gets here quicker. I have a day the car is going to be built!

MM

I was listening to the auction and on the BJ Site and the 2010 GT500 was listed and around 10:30 when back and no where to be found on the site not listed anymore. Was really disappointed. I thing FORD took a bad decision by keeping MSRP and giving only the balance for donation on the RAPTOR and COBRA JET and put these vehicle to late at night they where the sponsor of the event on SPEED not GM that put the camaro earlier at a good time.

I was listening to the auction and on the BJ Site and the 2010 GT500 was listed and around 10:30 when back and no where to be found on the site not listed anymore. Was really disappointed. I thing FORD took a bad decision by keeping MSRP and giving only the balance for donation on the RAPTOR and COBRA JET and put these vehicle to late at night they where the sponsor of the event on SPEED not GM that put the camaro earlier at a good time.

Very good point. As the official sponsor, Ford should have made sure that their vehicles receive maximum coverage, which means being auctioned between 8:00 and 10:00 PM. Looking at the list, it was easy to see that the Raptor, Cobra Jet and GT500 would be auctioned very late at night. The even had to move the Raptor and Cobra Jet about 15 spots up from their original sequence; otherwise, they would have been auctioned after the Speed broadcast was over.

FoMoCo made the decision to pull the car, and why they did that is not public knowledge; let's just say that is was a business decision and leave it at that. Carroll was going to attend, but a series of events caused both parties to delay the reval/auctioning of the GT500 until the Palm Beach show.

Personally, I think that they should save time and just take the car directly over to Ron Pratte's garage and just avoid the auction block completely. :hysterical:

Now the question is will Ron attend the Palm Beach Show?

Archived