TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Even the oil industry is suffering the economy

ConocoPhillips to cut 4% of workforce

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- ConocoPhillips said Friday that it will trim 4% of its workforce, or about 1,300 employees, as the energy company struggles with weak demand for oil and gasoline.

"As a result of the current business environment's impact on our operating and capital plans, we expect to reduce about 4% of our overall employee work force," said Jim Mulva, ConocoPhillips chairman and chief executive, in a statement.

The company also said it plans to cut the number of contractors on its payroll.

COMPLETE STORY

"Oil Companies Hurting"?????????????????? :hysterical:

:cry: They're no longer making $6,584.32 a second profit. They have been reduced to $6,372.19 a second. :cry:Brace yourself for impact on Tuesday. Change and hope has come to America. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I wish I had an icon with a large boot swinging for showing Mr. Bush and company to the door.

What a pathetic discussion!

You all remind me of the Mad Max Mutants with their high powered, blown, machines that get to turn them on once a decade, mindlessly spewing some popular hypnotic babble.

The prices have gone from around $4.50/gallon to $1.50/gallon in less than a year - that's a 300% drop and yet you repeat the mantra around your primitive campfire that "the oil companies control the price" and "the oil companies screw us".

The seeds of the next energy crisis are being sown right now and you clowns are planting them.

So bang your drums and dance around the fire - it will make you feel better while your cars slowly rust.

Im sure things will all be back to normal on Thursday. Once the Mesiah is crowned, Citgo stock will go up and Hugo and Obama will be haveing tea and the world economy will healed.

Talk about clowns :headscratch:

What a "TWISTED VIEW" of the new "HOPE AND CHANGE"????????? :doh:

Remember we are "BOOTING OUT" the current "OIL MAN" from the Presidency!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

You all remind me of the Mad Max Mutants with their high powered, blown, machines that get to turn them on once a decade, mindlessly spewing some popular hypnotic babble.

The prices have gone from around $4.50/gallon to $1.50/gallon in less than a year - that's a 300% drop and yet you repeat the mantra around your primitive campfire that "the oil companies control the price" and "the oil companies screw us".

The seeds of the next energy crisis are being sown right now and you clowns are planting them.

So bang your drums and dance around the fire - it will make you feel better while your cars slowly rust.

:headscratch:

"NOT"!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Hey that's a positive thought!

Keep being part of the problem, rather than solution.

Being a part of the solution would require understanding the problem, Your too interested in throwing shoes at the guy who kept you safe for the last seven years to look forward to understand the problem. I hope our new President is successful. Unlike those here who prefer that the past president fails so thier party can come to power. Personally, I hope Obama is in office for 8 years, that would mean he has done a good job.

WOW.....Ya sure blew a gasket on that one moab. :hysterical:

Being a part of the solution would require understanding the problem, Your too interested in throwing shoes at the guy who kept you safe for the last seven years to look forward to understand the problem. I hope our new President is successful. Unlike those here who prefer that the past president fails so thier party can come to power. Personally, I hope Obama is in office for 8 years, that would mean he has done a good job.

+1

Nice constructive post

Having a bad day, bro? And - where ya been? :lurk:

I have voted for Presidential Candidates for both Parties in the past and I always wish they

make good decisions and lead our country for all US citizens to prosper..............

However I am proud to say that I have never voted for GW Bush and I like the Majority Poll

say he has Failed Miserably and good to see his Administration end................

Who can say that a better smarter President and Administration could not have prevented the

events of 9/11/01 from happening in the first place??????????????

I have voted for Presidential Candidates for both Parties in the past and I always wish they

make good decisions and lead our country for all US citizens to prosper..............

However I am proud to say that I have never voted for GW Bush and I like the Majority Poll

say he has Failed Miserably and good to see his Administration end................

Who can say that a better smarter President and Administration could not have prevented the

events of 9/11/01 from happening in the first place??????????????

Which majority poll are you referring to? The one from 2004 where he was re-elected for a second term?

He failed so miserably that he was elected to a second term and his popularity as low as it is, is still above that of Congress.

I thought you all were all about the future and yet you said you "booted Bush out of office". I would like to know how because when I voted in November, I would swear that Bush's name wasn't even on the ballot....

Which majority poll are you referring to? The one from 2004 where he was re-elected for a second term?

He failed so miserably that he was elected to a second term and his popularity as low as it is, is still above that of Congress.

I thought you all were all about the future and yet you said you "booted Bush out of office". I would like to know how because when I voted in November, I would swear that Bush's name wasn't even on the ballot....

That would be "THE CURRENT SATISFACTION POLL TODAY".............

Just because the majority of Congress is also Corrupt does not change my opinian of the Clown...........

"BOOTING BUSH OUT OF OFFICE" is a figure of speech like;

"DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE A$$ ON THE WAY OUT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which "MAD MAX MUTANT ARE YOU"???????????????????????:hysterical:

That would be "THE CURRENT SATISFACTION POLL TODAY".............

Just because the majority of Congress is also Corrupt does not change my opinian of the Clown...........

"BOOTING BUSH OUT OF OFFICE" is a figure of speech like;

"DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE A$$ ON THE WAY OUT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which "MAD MAX MUTANT ARE YOU"???????????????????????:hysterical:

You got to be kidding right, IT WAS CLINTON and his administration that stopped the FBI and the CIA from talking. Say what you want but someone else could have stopped 911? Yea, that would be Billy Boy! Nice try trying to rewrite history. So whos the clown.

Oh and, while your qouting polls, qoute this one, Over 60 percent of the public think GW is a good man. Over 50% of DEMOCRATS voted that way.

You got to be kidding right, IT WAS CLINTON and his administration that stopped the FBI and the CIA from talking. Say what you want but someone else could have stopped 911? Yea, that would be Billy Boy! Nice try trying to rewrite history. So whos the clown.

Oh and, while your qouting polls, qoute this one, Over 60 percent of the public think GW is a good man. Over 50% of DEMOCRATS voted that way.

The only response I can think of to this nonsense is; :hysterical::hysterical2:

Archived