TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Chrome Super Snake???? Camels????

It looks like a SS hood and wheels, but thats about it. They never called it a Super Snake. Just a GT500 with chrome paint

MM

Listen to his intro, he has some pauses, but Super Snake is in there..................."Welcome..............We just finished our new project......Super Snake.........GT500, chrome paint..........."

R

If you look close it has the front carbon fiber air dam and mirror covers, Larger brakes, that's all i can tell right now but he does say Super Snake GT500.

I saw the lower opening with the brake duct holes. I did not see carbon fiber, and I could not tell much about the brakes. So far, the hood, wheels and lower grill opening with brake duct holes are SPP items. I saw the Cobra on the front fender, but no Super Snake specific identifiers. I do realize that this car has just been painted, so maybe that is the reason for no fender identifiers and "SHELBY" lettering on the trunk lid?

So is this a real Super Snake?

I do not see colored calipers. I know that John (JAS427) on this forum has bolted his original GT500 wheels on his Super Snake, so the diameter of the rotors on the SS must be very similar to what was original to the GT500 from Ford, or the original 18x9.5's would not have fit.

I know that a person from Dubai had asked questions on a recent (3-4 months ago) Super Snake auction on eBay, but that was a convert.

R

I saw the lower opening with the brake duct holes. I did not see carbon fiber, and I could not tell much about the brakes. So far, the hood, wheels and lower grill opening with brake duct holes are SPP items. I saw the Cobra on the front fender, but no Super Snake specific identifiers. I do realize that this car has just been painted, so maybe that is the reason for no fender identifiers and "SHELBY" lettering on the trunk lid?

So is this a real Super Snake?

I do not see colored calipers. I know that John (JAS427) on this forum has bolted his original GT500 wheels on his Super Snake, so the diameter of the rotors on the SS must be very similar to what was original to the GT500 from Ford, or the original 18x9.5's would not have fit.

I know that a person from Dubai had asked questions on a recent (3-4 months ago) Super Snake auction on eBay, but that was a convert.

R

Well John puts his Supersnake wheels back on after he is done racing at the track.

Well John puts his Supersnake wheels back on after he is done racing at the track.

My point was that the brake rotors on the Super Snake can not be much larger (if at all) than the original GT500 rotors, or his (John's) original GT500 wheels would no longer have fit on his car. This is what through me off a little bit when "large brakes" were mentioned as an indicator that this chrome GT500 was indeed a Super Snake. The diameter of the brakes can't be much larger on the Super Snake than they are on a production GT500, as proven by John's original wheel install pictures that he added a few months ago. Now drilled and/or slotted slotted rotors are a different story.

R

Archived