TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Three Shelby GT-BJ Editions At The Barret Jackson Auction

shelbymotorsports

Drove to the Barrett Jackson auction after the Vegas Bash. Besides the one 2008 Shelby GT-BJ that I knew would be there I found two more of these rare editions. Only 100 of these were built by SAI.

The first one was right outside the main entrance doors, see first pics, and the second one was inside the Ford display area. This second one was placed on its side so you could see underneath. See second set of pics. I believe these two cars were on loan from a local Ford dealer as they are not listed on the auction schedule.

The third one was even more special as it was supercharged and will be auctioned off this Sunday with the proceeds going to the Carroll Shelby Childrens Foundation. This Shelby was donated by very generous TS members, Tony and Pam Priborski.

Not only did the Priborski's donate a brand new 2008 Shelby GT-BJ edition with only 300 miles they had the car upgraded with a SAI installed supercharger package the week before the Vegas Bash. The car now has around 600 miles. The additional 300 miles is from the drive from Vegas to Scottsdale.

I'll post more but let me get some pics up here first.

Steve

Way to go. That's awesome.

I have always told my wife that it's important that we help in any way we can.

As my life had changed over the years, I have tried to give back to show my thanks.

Super people around here.

A little more info on the Shelby that twobjshelbys donated to the CSCF charity. Tony's car is a convertible CSM#2247 with a manual transmission. Tony had the car upgraded with the Kenne Bell Supercharger package which was installed by SAI a few weeks ago. Tony also had SAI install the gauge cluster package.

As previously mentioned this car only had 300 miles on it when donated to Mr Shelby's charity. I added an additonal 300 miles driving it from Vegas to Scottsdale after the Vegas Bash car show last Sunday. Tony is in Scottsdale right now and I hope he takes it out for one last drive before the hammer falls on Sunday.

Besides Tony's awesome generosity of donating this Shelby the good folks at SAI went out of their way to get the Supercharger upgrade installed in such a short time frame. SAI-Bud also went out of his way to put together a photo album for the new owner showing the cars time at Las Vegas, from when it was first finished to its return visit for the supercharger upgrade. I woud also like to thank Bud for working with Tony and me on getting the Shelby workers who worked on #2247 to autograph the inside trunk lid. (Bud please thank the others that helped make this happen in such a short time at SAI)

I know I'm forgetting something. I'm hoping Tony might get a chance to post here before the car is auctioned off but as I mentioned he's at BJ right now and may not have internet access.

I'll post just a few pics from the SAI photo album. There are a ton more pics but I'll leave it up to Tony or the new owner if they want them posted.

Steve

BJ2009m.jpg

BJ2009n.jpg

BJ2009o.jpg

BJ2009p.jpg

Why has there been so much removed from the front of the car?

Am I missing something here?

Just so its clear those are plastic fender covers on the car. The same ones they use at the Ford assembly line to protect the fenders underneath.

Parts are removed from the front end for the installation of the cooler and related lines.

Steve

Why has there been so much removed from the front of the car?

Am I missing something here?

To install the KB you have to remove the bumper cover. The air intake is on the right side of the car instead of the left. Thats why so much has been taken off.

Thanks for being so GREAT FOLKS!!! Yall make Team Shelby PROUD!!!

MM

Thanks to Steve too. I've had some incredible support from Shelby - Amy, Gary Patterson, Steve, Jenni Shreeves at CSCF.

And most of all, BUD!

Bud did a photo book of the car being converted. It's interesting and shows lots about how the KB goes on. I'll put that up on a tech forum (I think there is a CD of those shots in the care package).

SAI also left a goodies bag from the Vegas Bash including a Bash diecast and a black/black KR diecast.

Sharon also put in a free Team Shelby membership for the new owner. Maybe someone besides me will come in!

I'm playing photographer this week and will have lots of pictures to post some time next week. I'm headed back down.

There are some incredible Mustangs here. I've got my eye on two. One is a 65 red K-code convertible formerly owned by Ricky Nelsons twins. It is sweet, and cars are going cheap. The other is a GT500 but I'm sure it'll go for bigger bucks than I want to spend (but probably still cheap).

This would be a good week to pick up some really good collector cars that will increase in value as this economy recovers. I don't think we'll ever see the mania of the Mopars from a couple of years ago but they'll come back.

Meanwhile, I'm back to the show. More later.

Also, the car should go across the block Sunday live on Speed. The lot number feels like 1-2 or so.

Before leaving Scottsdale I placed an absentee bid on Tony's car. I'm confident the Shelby will go for a lot more than my bid.

I'll post the results of the auction Sunday afternoon.

Also Tony if you're reading this, BJ usually has some volunteers that will hold your car show display board on the stage when your car goes across. And don't forget your license plate :)

Steve

Before leaving Scottsdale I placed an absentee bid on Tony's car. I'm confident the Shelby will go for a lot more than my bid.

I'll post the results of the auction Sunday afternoon.

Also Tony if you're reading this, BJ usually has some volunteers that will hold your car show display board on the stage when your car goes across. And don't forget your license plate :)

Steve

I'll get them the board for sure.

I pulled the plate (no screwdriver, I had to improvise with a dime).

Placing the bid - you liked the KB eh? It makes it a totally different animal. Nothing at all like what it was before. My automatic is the most fun I've ever had, the 5-speed has to be a hoot.

Now I have to figure out how to drive a Cobra... CSX4005LA. Lot #1273. I'm kind of disappointed I didn't get the little red 65 k-code 'vert, or the GT350 (only one there that went for something like $205K) but I'm just jazzed over the Cobra. :):):)

Archived