TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OK, I need some opinions

I have been kicking around the idea of brakes, and after Shelby Bash 2009 I am tired of just kicking it around. It is now time to pull the trigger. I want to buy these brakes within the next week. OK here's what I need:

I am considering brembo take offs from a GT500, The AP racing brakes from Page, or the Shelby/Baer GT plus kit from Keith @ SPP. What are you guys running on your SGT's? Remember I am running 18" CS69's. I finally got a definite answer that they will all fit today. Intended use will be mostly street some track on track days. opinions needed and appreciated. Thanx, Chris

Heck, Chris, you know my vote. If you had taken me up on my offer to drive my car on the track, you would know what I know about why I picked the brakes I did. ;) In the end, any of the set ups you mentioned will serve you well.

Jim

I know Jim, and I should have taken you up on the offer, but have you ever heard the saying "there are three things you never touch, a mans hat, woman, or car". should of, could of would of. its too late now, unfortunately. which brakes are the ones you have? I know they are AP's, what model?

I had SAI put the Bear/ Shelby GT Big brakes on mine. I love the brakes, no noise, very little dust (I also had the brake duct kit installed front and rear) BUT, I had to use a 20" wheels for clearance. Bud at SAI stated that 18's would not work and I would have to agree. I measured my brakes/wheels. I have 3/4" clearance between the outer most edge of the brake caliper and the wheel. So i'd have to say sorry the bear/Shelby GT brakes won't work for you.

some people get by with just putting on the Hawk pads, stainless lines and that's pretty much it. Blue oval has a slotted/drilled Baer disk OE replacement for like $300 (front & back). If you're wanting something bigger i.e. more pistons then you're looking at AP. I also saw on Brother's Performance website under their "new" stuff that a new Baer kit (I believe 4-piston) is out. As for me, I think when it comes time i'm doing an upgraded rotor, Hawk pads and lines. I think it all depends on how MUCH you drive the car and how MUCH you lay into the gas pedal when you do. I would say at a minimum almost anything you do is MUCH better than what we have.

Plus 1. I'm going to probably get my brakes from stillen. I want to keep my bullet wheels so i'll just upgrade the rotors,pads and ss lines. I'm not going to be on the track so this improvement will be ok.Brakes are the weakest link on these cars,but we have a lot of choices on brakes. Good-Luck.

i just upgraded to a GT500 Brembo upgrade and i couldnt be happier. i bought the setup used with only 3500 miles on pads,rotors and calipers. i upgraded to braidied stainless brake lines on all 4 corners and the car stops on a dime. plus those big Brembo calipers look great peeking through my cs69's. i only paid $550.00 for calipers,pads and rotors. good luck on your choice.

Has anyone done business with Chicane23? They sell Stoptech, Brembo, Wilwood, and Griggs brakes.

I spoke with keith @ SPP again today. He is gonna send me the info on the new Shelby/baer brakes too. compare, compare, compare.

Chris

I have been kicking around the idea of brakes, and after Shelby Bash 2009 I am tired of just kicking it around. It is now time to pull the trigger. I want to buy these brakes within the next week. OK here's what I need:

I am considering brembo take offs from a GT500, The AP racing brakes from Page, or the Shelby/Baer GT plus kit from Keith @ SPP. What are you guys running on your SGT's? Remember I am running 18" CS69's. I finally got a definite answer that they will all fit today. Intended use will be mostly street some track on track days. opinions needed and appreciated. Thanx, Chris

I'm using the Shelby/Baer Extreme w/ the 6-piston calipers and these will bounce your head off the windshield if you don't have your seatbelt on so these get my vote.

Plus, if you got a Shelby why not then have brakes that say Shelby too...

Hey there,

Just for information purposes - here are links to the product brochures and fitment guides for the AP Kits. BTW - Jim has the 6 piston front AP kit, and the 4 piston rear AP kit.

Also, IF you are looking for a 4 piston kit for the front, we have one up on eBay right now in black - SMOKING deal on them. MAY have a red kit go up in the next few days also.

Product Brochures

AP4100 - 6 Piston Front Brochure

AP4400 - 4 Piston Front Brochure

AP4150 - 4 Piston Rear Brochure

Fitment Guides

AP4100 - 6 Piston Front Fitment Guide

AP4400 - 4 Piston Front Fitment Guide

AP4150 - 4 Piston Rear Fitment Guide

Just be sure when you print the fitment guides, that you have your printer set to NO SCALING. There is a 1" x 1" reference square on the guide so you can verify that you have it printed correctly.

Please dont hesitate to give me a call (866-278-8287 x134) or shoot me an e-mail (PageN@Stillen.com) if I can be of any assistance.

Hope this helps some

Thanks

Page

If anyone is interested Blue Oval Industries has front AND rear set of the Baer Slotted/Drilled OE disks on sale for $299! There's a limited supply. Most places sell just the front for this amount. I ordered my set today.

BOI - Baer Disks

-Brand New

- Baer DecelaRotor Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors

- You are getting a pair of 12.5" Front Rotors

- You are getting a pair of 11.75" Rear Rotors

- Direct replacement for any 2005-2009 Mustang GT

DecelaRotors� feature:

Dynamic visual impact

Superior bite

Equalized pad wear

Consistent wet weather performance

Direct OE replacement

The same counter-rotational drilling used in professional racing

Designed to eliminate outgassing while minimizing stress cracks

Unprecedented three-year limited warranty against warpage and cracking!*

Plus 1. I'm going to probably get my brakes from stillen. I want to keep my bullet wheels so i'll just upgrade the rotors,pads and ss lines. I'm not going to be on the track so this improvement will be ok.Brakes are the weakest link on these cars,but we have a lot of choices on brakes. Good-Luck.

+1000 I am not changing the stock wheels. I love them and think they make the car. I've seen what others have done when changing out the wheels and they look really great, I just prefer the stock wheels. When the time comes I'll see what is available and go with that. Stillen, Blue Oval, whatever is best and actually fits.

i just upgraded to a GT500 Brembo upgrade and i couldnt be happier. i bought the setup used with only 3500 miles on pads,rotors and calipers. i upgraded to braidied stainless brake lines on all 4 corners and the car stops on a dime. plus those big Brembo calipers look great peeking through my cs69's. i only paid $550.00 for calipers,pads and rotors. good luck on your choice.

I upgraded to the GT500 Brembos as well. Bought the kit new from Blue Oval (the kit is actually a FRPP part number).

I went with the GT500 wheels in black (also from Blue Oval) to get the wheel clearance I needed for the calipers. It's not SAI, but it's still in the family. Not to take anything away from Baer/Stillen and other excellent vendors for our cars, but the GT500 upgrade (especially if you can get take-offs) will give you the most bang for your buck in the big brake department.

Todd CSM1638

Im leaning towards the Shelby/baer pro plus system. Just how much better is it then the factory Brembos on the GT500? I would think significant, correct? Has anyone used the rear rotor replacement with the caliper relocater? Are they much more beneficial or mainly for looks?

Chris

If anyone is interested Blue Oval Industries has front AND rear set of the Baer Slotted/Drilled OE disks on sale for $299! There's a limited supply. Most places sell just the front for this amount. I ordered my set today.

BOI - Baer Disks

-Brand New

- Baer DecelaRotor Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors

- You are getting a pair of 12.5" Front Rotors

- You are getting a pair of 11.75" Rear Rotors

- Direct replacement for any 2005-2009 Mustang GT

DecelaRotors� feature:

Dynamic visual impact

Superior bite

Equalized pad wear

Consistent wet weather performance

Direct OE replacement

The same counter-rotational drilling used in professional racing

Designed to eliminate outgassing while minimizing stress cracks

Unprecedented three-year limited warranty against warpage and cracking!*

I have these on mine and the are awsome, no problem getting stoped i also have K/B super charger and wheels from American Muscle look vert similar to stock wheels except they are 18x9.5 front and 18 X 10 rear. see picks in my Album.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey there,

Just for information purposes - here are links to the product brochures and fitment guides for the AP Kits. BTW - Jim has the 6 piston front AP kit, and the 4 piston rear AP kit.

Also, IF you are looking for a 4 piston kit for the front, we have one up on eBay right now in black - SMOKING deal on them. MAY have a red kit go up in the next few days also.

Product Brochures

AP4100 - 6 Piston Front Brochure

AP4400 - 4 Piston Front Brochure

AP4150 - 4 Piston Rear Brochure

Fitment Guides

AP4100 - 6 Piston Front Fitment Guide

AP4400 - 4 Piston Front Fitment Guide

AP4150 - 4 Piston Rear Fitment Guide

Just be sure when you print the fitment guides, that you have your printer set to NO SCALING. There is a 1" x 1" reference square on the guide so you can verify that you have it printed correctly.

Please dont hesitate to give me a call (866-278-8287 x134) or shoot me an e-mail (PageN@Stillen.com) if I can be of any assistance.

Hope this helps some

Thanks

Page

Good deal on those 4-pistons. Do you know if the red ones are going up soon too?

Good deal on those 4-pistons. Do you know if the red ones are going up soon too?

Sorry - not working there anymore (this is Page BTW - this is my personal logon here). I haven't seen anyone from Stillen on since the day I left there (the 21st). I know there was a red 4 piston set that was GOING to go up on eBay but I don't know if that ever happened. Might be worth your time to subscribe to the StillenOutlet store on eBay so that when new things go up you are the first to know :)

Page

I have these on mine and the are awsome, no problem getting stoped i also have K/B super charger and wheels from American Muscle look vert similar to stock wheels except they are 18x9.5 front and 18 X 10 rear. see picks in my Album.

Sweet ride BOWTIETR! Those wheels do look close to stock.

go for the Shelby Pro 6P http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...e%20System.aspx

the fit the stock GT500 wheel and the Shelby S1's (18's)

see post #4

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38609

Archived