TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PICTURES OF THE MOUNTAINS IN THE VAIL VALLEY.

HERE ARE A FEW PICTURES OF THE SKI RUNS AT BEAVER CREEK SKI RESORT COLORADO.THEY ARE PHOTO'S FROM OUTSIDE MY CONDO BALCONY. BEAVER CREEK IS IN THE WHITE RIVER NATIONAL FOREST. THE PLACE WERE THE 1OTH MOUNTAIN DIVISION TRAINED BEFORE AND DURING WWII. IT IS AN AMAZING MOUNTAIN RANGE THAT HAS DOZEN OF PEAKS AT OVER 10,000 FEET EACH. THIS IS THE SAME AREA THAT THE 10TH MOUNTAIN TRAINED ; SKIED AND BUILT A SERIES OF CABINS USED FOR BUNKING AND DINNING WHILE CONDUCTING TRAINNING FOR DEPLOYMENT TO EUROPE DURING WWII. THE MEN THAT TRAINED IN THIS DIVISION ARE HEROS AND TRUE MOUNTAINERING AND SKIING LEGENDS.

I HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH A GENTLEMEN NAME BOB FROM PINE KNOB SKI RESORT IN CLARKSTON MICH.USA.FOR 10 PLUS YEARS. THE STORIES OF HIS TRAINNING AND SKIING AND DEPLOYMENT ARE TRUELY THE FEATS OF HEROS. JUST ONE LOOK AT THOSE 11,000 FOOT PEAKS IN THE PICTURES TELLS ME THESE GUYS ARE SERIOUSLY BRAVE. THANK GOD THEY WERE ON OUR SIDE.

ENJOY THE PICTURES !!!

SCOTTY

post-18850-1231976654_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1231976795_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1231977011_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1231976654_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1231976795_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1231977011_thumb.jpg

Awesome pics Scotty...I get out skiing a couple of times a month...In Ben Eion. :happy feet:

THANKS KEITH,

I HAVE BEEN TO BEN EION BACK IN 2002. MY SON COMPETED IN THE ALPINE PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THERE FOR MARTOCK MOUNTAIN AND WAS THE GOLD METAL WINNER IN THE GIANT SALOM AND SKIIER CROSS. HE ALSO CLINCHED THE OVERALL PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIP OF CANADA THAT DAY.

:happy feet:

THANKS KEITH,

I HAVE BEEN TO BEN EION BACK IN 2002. MY SON COMPETED IN THE ALPINE PROVICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THERE FOR MARTOCK MOUNTAIN AND WAS THE GOLD METAL WINNER IN THE GIANT SALOM. HE ALSO CLINCHED THE OVERALL PROVICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP OF CANADA THAT DAY.

:happy feet:

Wow...Congrats to him...I live not very far from Ben Eion.

Wow...Congrats to him...I live not very far from Ben Eion.

THANK YOU, FOR THE CONGRATS. MY SON JAKE IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS I ENDED UP BUYING A PROPERTY OUT IN THE VAIL VALLEY. THEY HAVE AND EXCELLENT RACING PROGRAM AT THE VAIL SPORTS ACADEMY AND BACK IN 2003-2004 MY SON WAS RANKED # 2 AND 6TH RESPECTIVELY IN DOWN HILL RACING IN THE COUNTRY FOR 18 YEARS OLD AND YOUNGER.

If you're ever down here again drop me a line bud. :)

I will give you a heads up Keith. I have plans to head to Georgetown Beach to due some surfing with my son the week of the tall ships and the Buskers Festival.

Scotty

I will give you a heads up Keith. I have plans to head to Georgetown Beach to due some surfing with my son the week of the tall ships and the Buskers Festival.

Scotty

Great I never miss the tall ships I love the Halifax water front...like I said drop me a line and well go

for a brew Scott.

+1

CC

Thanks guy's for the compliments on the pic's. You guys know that a little visual stimulation goes a long way. :drool: Cars , motorcyles , planes , women etc. :hysterical:

I'll tell you what i went out to the pool today for about 2 hours and i got some serious color. This sun is amazingly strong and hot. My wife got a lite sunburn yesterday skiing. Well back to having some more

r n r and a cocktail or two.

see ya

Scotty

Archived