TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Here, Torch Red Convertible in Arkansas

GT500/GT-E

Well I brought it home about 5 weeks ago. And I must say I'm pumped about this car, its bad fast and very smooth. Great site here, looking forward to it. It's past my bed time, I'm registered and I'm out.

Chris

Welcome Chris. Glad to see you found the site. Looking forward to hearing about your car. Is that your 67 Cougar - Nice.

Welcome Chris. Glad to see you found the site. Looking forward to hearing about your car. Is that your 67 Cougar - Nice.

'68

Chris, Is it a true W code? Does it have the CJ Trans? What exhaust manifolds?

I have a W code Cougar engine sitting on a engine stand along with a CJ trans not sure what I will put it in yet

Congrats on the Shelby. I sure love my GO Convert.

Well I brought it home about 5 weeks ago. And I must say I'm pumped about this car, its bad fast and very smooth. Great site here, looking forward to it. It's past my bed time, I'm registered and I'm out.

Chris

Congrats Chris! You live between me (Memphis) and Subguns (Little Rock). I am still waiting for mine but he has a GO coupe. Hope we can get together and ride sometime.

'68

Chris, Is it a true W code? Does it have the CJ Trans? What exhaust manifolds?

I have a W code Cougar engine sitting on a engine stand along with a CJ trans not sure what I will put it in yet

Congrats on the Shelby. I sure love my GO Convert.

Thanks Rob and yes it's a 68. It is a real W code and has its original heads and the tranny is Vin stamped along with the heads. I have not taken down the numbers on the exhaust manifolds yet. They are the 14 bolt and are drilled for the smog equipment which was removed early in its life. I have some restored smog equipment that I will put on soon.

2008GT500KR, do you have the heads and are they vin stamped. Good motor, for sure. Nice pick on the GO, they really stand out!

Congrats Chris! You live between me (Memphis) and Subguns (Little Rock). I am still waiting for mine but he has a GO coupe. Hope we can get together and ride sometime.

Farmdog, yes I'm in the middle of you two. Glad to hear from you. I've seen subguns car in an email. He was at a friend of mines in Little Rock and shot me a photo of it. That was before I got mine. I heard from my dealer that subgun took his to Dallas to the speedway! What are the details on your car? I'm sure we'll all get together on day.

Here's mine in my shop, I haven't driven it much except for around town with the wife and kids.

insurancephotos001.jpg

insurancephotos006.jpg

insurancephotos005.jpg

It's like looking in a mirror at mine, except I didn't get the red inserts... Nice Car :cheerleader:

Nice car mastersmech1, although GO seems to be a hot color, I just love the Red Black Combo. What is the determining factor on the red inserts, how are they opted for. I bought mine off the showroom floor, you know an impulse buy. I didn't get into alot of detal, just new it had everything but the Shaker 1000 and that was good enough for me. 15 minutes notice to my wife and it was done. I've always said I was going to get one since I heard they were in design about 2.5 years ago. Back then I heard their engine options were 427 or 289, that 427 rumor got my attention. But the 500 hp 5.4 SC is Ok with me now.

Same combo as my red 67 GT Cougar.

Nice Car Chris. I like the shop, looks like you have lots of room. That Red looks superb. What a nice luster. I can't waite to get my GO.

A GO to go with the CS, how nice that is. Thanks for the props! As for the shop went with 36x60. Put a paint/work bay in it and just try to keep tweeking it as needs arise, yes good room in it. Did all the work myself to save some bucks.

Chris

Chris

Chris

Welcome Chris, show us some pics. And check out the FAQ section in the GT500 Gathering Place section.

Dave

Welcome Chris, show us some pics. And check out the FAQ section in the GT500 Gathering Place section.

Dave

Alright, theres a couple already posted but here's one just for you. It's got a familiar car to you in with it!

Chris

Archived