TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500's at SEMA

JETSOLVER

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GLAD I didn't pay an ADM!

I might be able to use it for the upgrade at SAI & get the lettering the way we always wanted it...

ACROSS THE BACK OF THE CAR! ---------S H E L B Y --------

Have you looked at the SHELBY LOGO CORRECTED in the discussion forums? I did the logo across the back of my GT 500 and it looks great. I have listed a photo.

I called SA earlier this morning about the new package, and told that Gary Patterson

would be returning my call. I'm definately interested in getting more information and

photos, but I'm not sure, even outside of the cost if this is something I want to do???

For example, the black trim consists of the front air splitter, side mirrors, side body

mouldings, and rear valance. What would it look like to have the front air splitter, and

side mirrors be carbon fiber, but leave the side body mouldings and rear valance just

plain black??? I'm also not sure what it would look like to change the hood vents to

alluminum, but leave the front upper and lower grills black plastic??? As far as the

SHELBY rear deck lettering, we all know we would have preferred it like it was on the

concept, centered with the brake light in the spoiler. Having said that, SA shrunk the

lettering too small to fit it below the brake light for my liking. I like the lettering big and

bold, like it is. You can see it better. Although, I am sure i will like the individual pieces

they offer in this 40th Anniversary Package, I am concerned that it will not appear

cohesive, for the reasons I listed above. And for those reasons, I expect it will not be worth

the price tag $$$ they will carry. But, I still got my name in as early as I could, just in case.

I am very interested in making this more of a Shelby Automobiles car, and some appearance

pieces would be really nice, but I am most interested in adding Shelby performance into my

GT500. Time will tell. I hope the information from SA will be upfront about what will be

coming down the road, so we don't feel pressured into chosing blindly.

KingCobra.

Maybe this is Shelby's answer to the GT500KR?

:shift:

Does anyone read anything all the way through anymore? :rant:

No they don't...way too much speculation again on this one Jet. As is usually the case around here, people need to remain calm and GET THE FACTS straight before going ballistic. There's even speculation about the Shelby lettering on the car being centered...yet it clearly doesn't say that in the announcement. Let's settle down people...let Amy have a chance to respond to some calmly asked questions. Maybe one person would be kind enough to consolidate all the questions in one letter, send it to Amy, and tell her you'd like to post her response on the forum. I'm sure one of you would be willing to do that.

As for me, I'm not interested in the package. As I've said before...take all the Shelby badging off the car and deduct $XXX from the sticker price...then I'm happy.

Dave

GLAD I didn't pay an ADM!

I might be able to use it for the upgrade at SAI & get the lettering the way we always wanted it...

ACROSS THE BACK OF THE CAR! ---------S H E L B Y --------

Where does it say the lettering will be centered? Did you read a different article than I did?

Dave

Has anyone seen pictures of the 40th Anniversary edition posted anywhere? It sounds interesting, but I'm thinking mine will be just fine left stock.

Every time someone does another mod to thier 07 GT500, an original unmolested GT500 becomes more valuable. Sure you can save your original parts and put them in a box somewhere, and maybe someday you will remember exactly every mod and where every original part was left, maybe? Maybe nothing out of the ordinary will happen to your Shelby in transit to and from Vegas, maybe? Maybe it won't get heavier?

Second, it is all about making more money to alot of people, where does it stop? It doesn't! The only part I plan on changing any time soon on mine, is the air filter and oil filter, that's it! Unless it breaks of course. I'm happy with 500 bone stock horse power.

Sounds like a bunch of dress up crap that is not necessary. No engine mods? They are just another aftermarket company in my book at this point. :wacko:

The coil-overs would be nice though.

I AGREE.

Every time someone does another mod to thier 07 GT500, an original unmolested GT500 becomes more valuable. Sure you can save your original parts and put them in a box somewhere, and maybe someday you will remember exactly every mod and where every original part was left, maybe? Maybe nothing out of the ordinary will happen to your Shelby in transit to and from Vegas, maybe? Maybe it won't get heavier?

Second, it is all about making more money to alot of people, where does it stop? It doesn't! The only part I plan on changing any time soon on mine, is the air filter and oil filter, that's it! Unless it breaks of course. I'm happy with 500 bone stock horse power.

Blayne9067,

+1

The only two things that I still think would be cool is a dash plaque with the sequence number on it and "maybe" the FRPP axle backs. I think I will "survive" with what I have. For now and probably forever, I am ecstatic with this car as is!

+2000

I AGREE.

Blayne9067,

+1

The only two things that I still think would be cool is a dash plaque with the sequence number on it and "maybe" the FRPP axle backs. I think I will "survive" with what I have. For now and probably forever, I am ecstatic with this car as is!

I'm with you guys on this. I like, want it, just the way it is.

DLW

Blayne9067,

+1

I`am for that +1

I may be wrong on this, but I don't think it will be big seller. It sounds like you take your car to Shelby and they convert it. Like I said in the other thread on this hot topic, its all gawdied up. It is like sticking decals all over the Mona Lisa and paying to ruin it. True there will be few that hold Shelby in too high esteem and will think this is great, but really guys, is this what you think good stuff. Would you pay for it if it didnt say Shelby.

Me thinks not :fan:

Okay - time for a review:

Shelby GT-H.

Shelby 500.

Shelby GT.

Shelby GT....? what's this one called? Anniversary?

Hmmm...the rims on the GT500 PRR look very familiar... :rant:

(and the rims on the Road & Track) Plagiarism! :rant: Bite me - Bill.

So many Shelby's - so little money.

I may be wrong on this, but I don't think it will be big seller. It sounds like you take your car to Shelby and they convert it. Like I said in the other thread on this hot topic, its all gawdied up. It is like sticking decals all over the Mona Lisa and paying to ruin it. True there will be few that hold Shelby in too high esteem and will think this is great, but really guys, is this what you think good stuff. Would you pay for it if it didnt say Shelby.

Me thinks not :fan:

Carnut: You have some very good points. The car is clean and mean now, and if what they do to it changes that, it will be a turn off. The car is already a SHELBY so it does NOT need to get transformed into one. The badge changes around the Cobra do not do it for me. I may have to Scratch my name :headscratch: off the want list. :unsure:

Edit: I just Scratched :headscratch: Count me out.

Okay - time for a review:

Shelby GT-H.

Shelby 500.

Shelby GT.

Shelby GT....? what's this one called? Anniversary?

Hmmm...the rims on the GT500 PRR look very familiar... :rant:

(and the rims on the Road & Track) Plagiarism! :rant: Bite me - Bill.

So many Shelby's - so little money.

Let's look at it this way....

Shelby...

Shel (sounds like Shell - as in gas station, buy lots of gas)

by (sounds like "bee" - as in "Bee vewy vewy quiet...we'we hunting wevrolets"

...it just kinda surprises me that they have not yet figured out their pricing. Either that, or it is so outrageously high that it would spoil the halo effect of showing the car at sema. Could you imagine the comments if people at sema viewed the car, and at the same time knew, for example, that it cost an extra 20 grand? I am sure the comments would not be so positive. Time will tell. I might at least consider it for under 10K, but probably not.

Don't expect pricing anytime soon. I don't believe the kit has been finalized yet. The announcement is sufficiently vague enough to be modified to meet Shelby automobiles perception of what they think we want and are willing to pay for. Look at the Shelby GT as an example. Announcement of it's release was made in early August with a release date of approx January. No options list or official pricing has been released to date. Unoffically, some options such as a supercharger, the GT-H hood and rear spoiler have been added to the vehicle in response to feedback from the Mustang community since the original announcement.

This is not necessarily a good or bad thing, just a strategy that I believe Shelby is using to target their products and pricing.

I'm not a marketing expert - but wouldn't having so many versions of Shelby's running loose devalue the 500? Is the term, exclusivity? Isn't "collectability" based on how many are available? If so - perhaps it isn't yet time to call Barrett-Jackson.

Nah - it's probably just me.

Don't expect pricing anytime soon. I don't believe the kit has been finalized yet. The announcement is sufficiently vague enough to be modified to meet Shelby automobiles perception of what they think we want and are willing to pay for. Look at the Shelby GT as an example. Announcement of it's release was made in early August with a release date of approx January. No options list or official pricing has been released to date. Unoffically, some options such as a supercharger, the GT-H hood and rear spoiler have been added to the vehicle in response to feedback from the Mustang community since the original announcement.

This is not necessarily a good or bad thing, just a strategy that I believe Shelby is using to target their products and pricing.

And possibly helping to increase interest and demand? Also get a little more dough for it :idea:

I don't believe the kit has been finalized yet.

I believe that the kit is finalized, but the price is NOT. The info on the web site explains the kit in detail. It also breaks down in detail what can be bought seperately. The only item that has a price on it is the floor mats for now. B)

I believe that the kit is finalized, but the price is NOT. The info on the web site explains the kit in detail. It also breaks down in detail what can be bought seperately. The only item that has a price on it is the floor mats for now. B)

The hood pins, grey rims and rear deck lid lettering are priced now as well.

There are also a number of V6, GT, Shelby GT, etc. items available and priced already.

Archived