TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500's at SEMA

JETSOLVER

I can understand many being very upset over this news. We all know that there will always be a bigger and badder car made. The problem is that no one expected it so soon. Heck it's not even 2007 yet. It looks like they have added some Shelby badging stuff thats really cool, but I can live without it. The exhaust is not a big deal to me. The suspension change is something I am really interested in knowing about since my car will be built in Q1. We all knew that was comming. Those that have your cars, have a unique and great car, and is the envy of many. Enjoy your cars.

Is the suspension that they are talking about going to be standard in all models for Job 2? anyone know about this ?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Is the suspension that they are talking about going to be standard in all models for Job 2? anyone know about this ?"

Yep. If you're one of the lucky 1,000 "Genuine" Shelby GT500 owners. Nope, if you're not. You get the available GPS navigation system.

Earth to Ruff: Drugs needed. Things getting out of hand here. :wacko:

Is the suspension that they are talking about going to be standard in all models for Job 2? anyone know about this ?

Does anyone read anything all the way through anymore? :rant:

The 40th Anniversary Limited Edition packages will be installed at SAI's new modification center. Customers will deliver their GT500's to SAI' World Headquarters where each vehicle will be customized with the anniversary package.

"Our Mustang business has expanded rapidly through the development and production of the Shelby GT-H and the upcoming Shelby GT," said Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automobiles, Inc. "The mod center will allow us to do special exclusive cars for a limited group of customers and allow for continued research and development for mainstream production programs."

Wow I take a lot of the things I thought about Ford marketing back. They sure have some people drinking out of the fountain. First they pass off a push rod crate 5.0l engine they have been sellling for 15 years as a new BOSS, and now it looks as though some folks believe their new Shelby may have been touched by the man himself. The aniversary parts are aftermarket. :doh: This is the same thing that allows people to consider NASCAR a factory engineering program :wacko:

Wonder how much this little bit of Shelby lovin is gonna cost? HINT look at the prices for the other stuff.

With more interest for the average owner, would be what are surely the FRPP paks that are mentioned in the first part of the release.

" A trio of Shelby GT500s will be center stage at SEMA – a GT500 dragster, GT500 Road and Track and an all-out competition GT500 racecar."

What do you figure will be in these? Blower(bet there is a good hint in the Roush parts), obviously the FRPP equivelant of the magic SAI suspension, some braking? I'll be very interested to see if Ford offers a flash tuner. That would make for some interesting numbers as folks compare Fords tune to the more er, dedicated aftermarket. And I hope they don't over price this stuff. That has been a bit of a problem in the past.

If you have the money you can take your GT500 to Vegas and they will convert it to the 40th Edition. I just called them and there isn't anyone there who can tell me a price yet for the package. I don't think it is limited to only new production. If you look in the article it says customers can bring their cars in for the package.

...damn, I just read thru all of this, and my blood pressure went up 30 or 40 points. Then I took a breath and realized:

1. Just a bunch of bolt ons, nothing really special unless you just have to have the numbered plate for your dash. I am sure they will be selling the rest.

2. You can do it yourself, w/o the dash plate for a few thousand, probably 1/2 or 1/3 or what they will charge.

3. No adm's, since this will not be going thru dealers or brokers. I imagine that the issue will be getting on their list. Will be most frustrating for those who are not getting their shelby for awhile.

ps the evil side of me just thought, I should sign up now, and sell my place in line for a huge adm on ebay :hysterical:

anyone want to take a bet that some folks try that :doh:

its all good, remember, for a couple of grand, you can make your shelby into a car that will run circles around this. This is just for collectors with too much money on their hands and grand visions of resale value 30 years from now.

also, if this was coming from anyone else, or lacking the dash plate, wouldn't this just be ho hum news???

...it just kinda surprises me that they have not yet figured out their pricing. Either that, or it is so outrageously high that it would spoil the halo effect of showing the car at sema. Could you imagine the comments if people at sema viewed the car, and at the same time knew, for example, that it cost an extra 20 grand? I am sure the comments would not be so positive. Time will tell. I might at least consider it for under 10K, but probably not.

A thousand cars. Your right, for the elite collector folks. Big deal. I am going to be just as happy to get my Shelby even know this is happening. IMO the ADM's will not budge much. Time will tell.

Oh ya - The SHELBY letters on the back left look great to me.

What upsets me is you know FORD and SA had this planned for some time. They didn't just come up with this in the last week or so. So, the original GT500 owners who thought they were purchasing a 40th anniversary Shelby GT500 can no longer say that (legally at least).

http://shelbyautos.com/news.asp?id=9

Also, in their news release they (SA) say the conversion will only be available through them OR an approved dealer.

A thousand cars. Your right, for the elite collector folks. Big deal. I am going to be just as happy to get my Shelby even know this is happening. IMO the ADM's will not budge much. Time will tell.

Oh ya - The SHELBY letters on the back left look great to me.

+1

also, even if you get their centered lettering kit for the rear, you still have to work around the brake light. The prototype had the light up on the spoiler, so the lettering stood out. I am thinking that centered letters would just not look as good unless you move the light also, which is some major body work.

+1

also, even if you get their centered lettering kit for the rear, you still have to work around the brake light. The prototype had the light up on the spoiler, so the lettering stood out. I am thinking that centered letters would just not look as good unless you move the light also, which is some major body work.

+2

The GT500 is great...just the way it is. The foo foo / bling bling on these 1000 cars will not make me lose any sleep.

...even if you get their centered lettering kit for the rear, you still have to work around the brake light. The prototype had the light up on the spoiler, so the lettering stood out. I am thinking that centered letters would just not look as good unless you move the light also, which is some major body work.

First, I'll say that I really don't give a rat's :censored: where the letters are placed. I just want my car.

However the Shelby GT and GT-H have the lettering across the back. Question is "are the letters smaller in these models than the GT500 letters?" I just thought it was funny that they called it a "kit".

Sounds like a bunch of dress up crap that is not necessary. No engine mods? They are just another aftermarket company in my book at this point. :wacko:

The coil-overs would be nice though.

x2

This seems like a lot of splash with no dash. Coil-overs might be nice but not much else is too exciting

For those of us who love the 2007 Shelby GT500, this upgrade package announced at SEMA shouldn't affect the value of the car or our enjoyment of it. It is still a Ford-Shelby collaboration. If you have the money, get in line, and send your car to Las Vegas for the 'limited edition upgrade package.' Personally, I don't care. You still have to buy a 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 to even consider the upgrade package. If you don't want to pony up the cost for the entire package, get the parts you want - I'm sure they will be available for purchase separately at a later date.

This doesn't change the number of '07 GT500s being made, and in my opinion, won't affect the demand for the car this year.

see article for reference- http://shelbyautos.com/news.asp?id=9

ol'man

For those of us who love the 2007 Shelby GT500, this upgrade package announced at SEMA shouldn't affect the value of the car or our enjoyment of it. It is still a Ford-Shelby collaboration. If you have the money, get in line, and send your car to Las Vegas for the 'limited edition upgrade package.' Personally, I don't care. You still have to buy a 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 to even consider the upgrade package. If you don't want to pony up the cost for the entire package, get the parts you want - I'm sure they will be available for purchase separately at a later date.

This doesn't change the number of '07 GT500s being made, and in my opinion, won't affect the demand for the car this year.

see article for reference- http://shelbyautos.com/news.asp?id=9

ol'man

AHhhhhh Haaaaaaa......... They said they would make 9,000 Shelby's for 2007, now subtract the 1,000 cars that will be sent to SAI for upgrades & that only leaves 8,000 Ford/SVT/Shelby's & 1,000 True Shelby GT500 Collector cars. The Plot thickens...... :doh:

I don't look at it that way. You can be 1 of about 9000 to own a 2007 Ford Shelby GT500. If you are one of these fortunate owners you can choose to buy one of a thousand aftermarket upgrade packages offered by Shelby. There are and will be several opportunities to customize/"upgrade" your Shelby if you choose not to buy this package.

I don't look at it that way. You can be 1 of about 9000 to own a 2007 Ford Shelby GT500. If you are one of these fortunate owners you can choose to buy one of a thousand aftermarket upgrade packages offered by Shelby. There are and will be several opportunities to customize/"upgrade" your Shelby if you choose not to buy this package.

Your absolutely correct ol'man!

I have contacted SAI & all they will do is take your name & number & then call you back with more info & pricing. If it cost too much then I will buy selected items to add to my car. Either way my grin will get bigger with every mile logged! :happy feet:

The only thing I care about is that I have an 07 Shelby GT500. I plan to make a few mods, mostly performance with minor changes like wheels ,mirror covers and dress up parts.

About the only thing on this car that interests me is maybe the suspension up-grades and the Shelby/cobra badging, not the rear deck lettering and def not those wheels.

From the beginning it has always been mostly about the performance. Sure I like that it is a Shelby but i wouldn't want a Shelby GT because it doesn't have the 5.4 SC engine / GT heads.

If anyone likes any of the Anv. upgrades I'm sure that SA will be offering them .

IMO This offering by SA in no way diminishes our Shelby GT500s we still have that same great powertrain and it is still a Shelby!

AHhhhhh Haaaaaaa......... They said they would make 9,000 Shelby's for 2007, now subtract the 1,000 cars that will be sent to SAI for upgrades & that only leaves 8,000 Ford/SVT/Shelby's & 1,000 True Shelby GT500 Collector cars. The Plot thickens...... :doh:

Adding another sub class to the whole thing is not the best way to enjoy the experiance. But that is a part of the market for these cars. The pkg only adds one maybe two componants to aid performance. And the only way to get the serial plaque is to pony up for the whole shebang(6-9k?). Then what are you going to do when they offer a slightly different pkg in the future with say only 500(or less) serial plaques avail?

At least this takes some heat off of Ford, its SHELBY AUTO playing golddigger this go round, not the dealers. I'm till curious if they get enough demand and sometime next summer, if all 1000 serial numbers are handed out, they offer the pkg for 08, does that mean you'll need an 08 GT500 to be "official"? Where does this end?

I bought this car as a whole package: Great retro styling; Historical mustang significance (Shelby name); AND all-out performance capability. Now, if that "name" thing was not part of the equation; would I have still bought? Probably so, as I was considering Saleen and Roush before the final GT500 spec's were released.

That being said, the only thing at SEMA that I'm interested in are mod's that will improve performance (not looks or "collectibility")! So an overpriced dress-up kit doesn't really affect me one way or another. That little dash panel with CS's signature on it doesn't look so expensive to me anymore.... :wacko:

I called SA earlier this morning about the new package, and told that Gary Patterson

would be returning my call. I'm definately interested in getting more information and

photos, but I'm not sure, even outside of the cost if this is something I want to do???

For example, the black trim consists of the front air splitter, side mirrors, side body

mouldings, and rear valance. What would it look like to have the front air splitter, and

side mirrors be carbon fiber, but leave the side body mouldings and rear valance just

plain black??? I'm also not sure what it would look like to change the hood vents to

alluminum, but leave the front upper and lower grills black plastic??? As far as the

SHELBY rear deck lettering, we all know we would have preferred it like it was on the

concept, centered with the brake light in the spoiler. Having said that, SA shrunk the

lettering too small to fit it below the brake light for my liking. I like the lettering big and

bold, like it is. You can see it better. Although, I am sure i will like the individual pieces

they offer in this 40th Anniversary Package, I am concerned that it will not appear

cohesive, for the reasons I listed above. And for those reasons, I expect it will not be worth

the price tag $$$ they will carry. But, I still got my name in as early as I could, just in case.

I am very interested in making this more of a Shelby Automobiles car, and some appearance

pieces would be really nice, but I am most interested in adding Shelby performance into my

GT500. Time will tell. I hope the information from SA will be upfront about what will be

coming down the road, so we don't feel pressured into chosing blindly.

KingCobra.

Archived