TEAM SHELBY FORUM

kr's are here! got the ultimate mufflers!!

hi to all, i just received my m-5230-s frrp kr mufflers!! i cant wait to install them!! i have a 4 post lift in my garage so installing them should be a breeze!! considering the hanger on my factory passenger side muffler broke and the shelby hasnt seen any snow since birth, its sounds like a project is ready to be undertaken.i will video and post asap. :happy feet:

When you say 'heard' you do mean you were in the car and it was under slight load because that's when you hear drone, not in a parking lot revving her up or at idle
well I can attest there is very little drone. The problem begins when accelerating and wot. I am waiting on the h-pipe myself to help

Mine drone louder than any other muffler I've ever had, but I wouldn't trade the throaty, mean sound they put out when I get on it.

If you're looking for a muffler that doesn't drone at highway speeds, do not buy the KR's. Just my .02.

Ken

Mine drone louder than any other muffler I've ever had, but I wouldn't trade the throaty, mean sound they put out when I get on it.

If you're looking for a muffler that doesn't drone at highway speeds, do not buy the KR's. Just my .02.

Ken

Ken,

You have a couple of beautiful Mustangs. When you speak of drone are you refering to the M-5230-5GT Borla Stingers

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=7707

or the newer M-5230-S FR500S mufflers.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...tKeyField=10563

I think these are also refered to as the KR mufflers but I may be totally off base.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I put on a set of KR's while the forum was busted. It kept me from going insane. I'll try to get some video up soon so anyone interested can hear them. I got them through Blue Oval for a really good price. They're much smaller than stock, sound good. The "tone" is what's most noticable from our stock mufflers. I think the tips on the stock is much nicer but these are clean as well. Overall, i'm happy with them. When you lay into the gas they just hit this sweet spot. I WISH I could be standing on the side of the road to hear them go by.

best mufflers are no mufflers IMHO...i luv my Pypes muffler delete race pipes...quiets right down with no drone at highway speeds but roars like a Shelby should when u get on it....makes driving it all the more fun :shift:

got mine from brenspeed for $185 including shipping, but i noticed the price has increased now to $234

Ok - So which ones are these exactly?? What is the part# from FRPP for them? When we talk about the "KR" mufflers which ones are they?

Is there actually a differece between M-5230-5GT (Borla Stingers) and the M-5230-S FR500S mufflers?

I'd like to get a set of the right ones on order. I like the sound of the 5GT's but really want to know if they are the "KR" mufflers you're speaking of or if the M-5230-S FR500S mufflers are.

Help me out here!

Trevor

I think that I'm finally getting closer to a decision on my exhaust upgrade, but need some clarification. I was listening to the MAC exhaust and the Flowmaster Exhaust clips on youtube. . . those sound pretty nice also. . . . . SLP Loudmouths would be great but I just don't want to go quite THAT loud.

Sweet - Thanks for the info! Anyone got any video of these on a 4.6L 3V SGT yet??

Are the "Special" ones all that much different from the 5GT's (Borla Stingers)??? Sorry for asking sooo many questions - I'm pretty much narrowed down to either the "Special" ones or the 5GTs. Got any opinions??

I read that someone said it's the 'tone' of the KRs that is unique. I'll say this - I saw the Blue 08 GT500KR that was at the Birthday Bash out on the track for a couple laps after most everyone had left. . . . It's definitely a different tone than any other.

Trevor

Sweet - Thanks for the info! Anyone got any video of these on a 4.6L 3V SGT yet??

Are the "Special" ones all that much different from the 5GT's (Borla Stingers)??? Sorry for asking sooo many questions - I'm pretty much narrowed down to either the "Special" ones or the 5GTs. Got any opinions??

I read that someone said it's the 'tone' of the KRs that is unique. I'll say this - I saw the Blue 08 GT500KR that was at the Birthday Bash out on the track for a couple laps after most everyone had left. . . . It's definitely a different tone than any other.

Trevor

I put them on mine, but haven't had a chance to do a clip of them yet. It was probalby another thread where I said the "tone" was different. Hard to explain really. I wouldn't say these are VASTLY different from stock, but i'm sort of picky and i've picked up on the difference. I would say a couple of things about them which are:

1. You can hear the car idle a little bit more but on a scale of 1-10 in terms of how much more... I'd give it a 4-5

2. Under WOT they just have this deep "roar' rather than a "crisp" crackle like the stock. Under WOT is really when you can tell the difference.

3. Under normal cruise RPM's you hardly know they're there.

4. I would assumed under boosted applications they may waken up a bit more.

Finally, once there's some build up and miles on these will change tone a little bit more. I'm happy with them.

Archived