TEAM SHELBY FORUM

rear brake calipers Bud update?

vroom

What rear brake calipers are we talking about here?

I would change teh stcok in the rear for something nice if available in black.......but I am leaving teh Brembo's up front as is.

Will this work?

These would be the matching Baer/Shelby Extreme 6-piston brakes for the rear. If you don't already have the front 6-piston Baers, it wouldn't make sense to install these. The reason it has been difficult for any rear brake improvement over stock is beacuse the rear brakes are "floating" calipers. Baer just completed testing these new "floating" 6-piston calipers with SAI.

For the SS owners, can we change only the rear calipers and keep the slotted SS discs?

thanks in advance,

Alexandros

My guess is - it will certainly fit the 14" slotted/drilled rotors with the Baer brake upgrade and relocation bracket.

A better question may be - will these calipers fit the stock rear rotors - or require the rotor upgrade with relocation bracket? Little help, Bud...

We are a couple of weeks out now. They are on their way!!!!!! :happy feet:

Bud

Bud, Thnx for the info. From a process standpoint how do I get the blue rears put on my SS? My car just arrived at SAI this week. I wrote an email to Cynthia requesting the 11' wheels, rear brakes and the shifter. She replied that those things were not in yet, but no mention of what happens when they get in if my car is still there.

Thnx alot for keeping us in the loop. I am SUPER exited about getting my SUPER SNAKE! I will be flying out to Vegas to check things out in a few weeks. I would love to meet you.

Thanks GT500-07. Great follow up!

So, just to be clear, the complete Super Snake Shelby/Baer matching upgrade rear brake set up. Is going to include:

1. powder coated, choice of 4 colors, shelby logo, 6 piston calipers = matching the fronts.

2. rotors will be cross-drilled and vented = matching the fronts. will the rotors be the same size? 14 inches?

3. Approx cost: Shelby/Baer Extreme 6P is $3795.00 (per quote from Baer)

4. Approx cost from SAI? parts & install labor?

5. Approx complete cost from SAI to add onto the SS package?

I have been waiting to send my GT500 vert to Vegas for the SS conversion for this very reason.

I am planning to take to SAI in two months, around the middle of March.

Also, can the 605HP SS vert get/upgrade to the custom drive shaft that the 725HP coupe gets?

Thanks GT500-07. Great follow up!

So, just to be clear, the complete Super Snake Shelby/Baer matching upgrade rear brake set up. Is going to include:

1. powder coated, choice of 4 colors, shelby logo, 6 piston calipers = matching the fronts.

2. rotors will be cross-drilled and vented = matching the fronts. will the rotors be the same size? 14 inches?

3. Approx cost: Shelby/Baer Extreme 6P is $3795.00 (per quote from Baer)

4. Approx cost from SAI? parts & install labor?

5. Approx complete cost from SAI to add onto the SS package?

I have been waiting to send my GT500 vert to Vegas for the SS conversion for this very reason.

I am planning to take to SAI in two months, around the middle of March.

Also, can the 605HP SS vert get/upgrade to the custom drive shaft that the 725HP coupe gets?

After a little research, I believe the SS already come with matching Baer 14" front and rear crossed drilled/vented rotors.

GT500-07 ? have you already converted your GT500 to the SS?

The $3795 quote you received from Baer, what does that include - parts??? Sounds like a complete brake conversion - front & back.

Is that to convert a GT500 brake setup - front & rear, to the Baer/Shelby 6P calipers & including the 14" crossed drilled/vented rotors?

When i talked to Bud regarding the rear brake upgrade, I understood that the rear caliper upgrade for the SS was simply just that.

The SS will have the option to upgrade to the rear Baer/Shelby 6P brake calipers. I can't imagine a set of rear calipers costing $3795.

After a little research, I believe the SS already come with matching Baer 14" front and rear crossed drilled/vented rotors.

GT500-07 ? have you already converted your GT500 to the SS?

The $3795 quote you received from Baer, what does that include - parts??? Sounds like a complete brake conversion - front & back.

Is that to convert a GT500 brake setup - front & rear, to the Baer/Shelby 6P calipers & including the 14" crossed drilled/vented rotors?

When i talked to Bud regarding the rear brake upgrade, I understood that the rear caliper upgrade for the SS was simply just that.

The SS will have the option to upgrade to the rear Baer/Shelby 6P brake calipers. I can't imagine a set of rear calipers costing $3795.

no, the $3795.00 was for the rear only (calipers, rotors, pads, ss lines, brackets/hardware),it costs more due to dealing with the E brake. you'll need to talked to SAI for their pricing/parts. No SS for me :shift:

From what I have seen in pictures that have been added to this forum, both the front and the rear of the Super Snake have drilled and slotted rotors added as part of the SS conversion. The rotors appear to be a bolt-together assy. The front calipers are the 6P in the color option chosen by the owner and the rear calipers are stock Ford assy. line GT500 units. From what I under stood, and maybe I am wrong, these soon to be released rear calipers (in colors) were going to be a direct replacement for the original GT500 rear calipers and would work with the drilled and slotted bolt together rear rotors that are currently part of the original Super Snake conversion. Is this not true?

R

• 1 month later...

2-20-09

Is there any news on the Baer/Shelby rear brake calipers?

estimated arrival time?

And for future SS owners taking their GT500 to SAI-Vegas, what will be the price to upgrade the rear brake calipers at the same time the GT500 is being converted into the SS?

Price breakdown, parts & labor?

What will be the price for a current SS owner to upgrade?

Price breakdown, Parts & Labor?

Thank you.

MM said Baer quoted him 6K to upgrade.

6K? for calipers!

At that price point they will never sell the rear upgrade in the SS package.

6K for a stock GT500 to convert the rears & fronts - complete package, maybe, probably.

According to member "GT500-07" he got quoted $3795 from Baer to convert his stock GT500 to the Baer/Shelby 6P rear caliper set up. Parts only, not labor.

6K for just the rear calipers in the SS package .... is well rape.

Seriously, that can't be right.

Through Stillen on my Ford GT to convert to a 6P setup is only $3995.00

Checked Baer's website: $3170 for the fronts + $750 for the rear rotors.

http://www.baer.com/products/complete/shelby.php

They are 10 minutes from my shop. 5 minutes if I am driving my GT. I am going there tomorrow to settle this quest once and for all.

My GT500 is soooo close to going to Vegas. I just really wanted SAI to do the install on the upgraded rear calipers.

Please let us know what you find out. I was interested until they Baer hit me so high on the price.

Robert, I was told that the calipers, rotors and brackets are different. I like you assumed it was just a caliper swap. I was told different.

Baer were VERY nice folks, but Im not going to spend that kind of money.

MM

I was told the other day by Baer that the new rear caliper kit for both the pro plus and extreme is not compatible with the replacement rotors and relocation kit. You have to buy the entire kit, calipers, rotors, lines,pads.

Chris

I was told the other day by Baer that the new rear caliper kit for both the pro plus and extreme is not compatible with the replacement rotors and relocation kit. You have to buy the entire kit, calipers, rotors, lines,pads.

Chris

I was told the same thing Chris. Also per my conversation with Baer yesterday, the Extreme rear kit is another 2 weeks away and the Pro 6P is 4+weeks. When Dutch called me last month he said the Extreme kit was available, not the case, still in production.

Archived