TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which tuner/programmer?

Hey Bob.....

not sure if this helps you any but I just ordered a tune from Jon Lund, a renowned tuner and he said that he prefers the Xcal 2 as it is more stable in flashing than the X3.

I'll be honest, I am a mechanical idiot so I'm not sure if that information is relevant to you or if that is dependent on models as we were discussing tunes for my GT500.

I'm using an x2 and it works fine. It's pretty basic. I've also had Predators in other vehicles I had and thought that they actually were more user friendly and had more features. Most tuners I talk to seem to prefer the SCT however saying it's easier to work with when changing or doing custom tunes.

Wild please post your results. I am very interested in buying the SCT X3. How much did you pay for it by the way?

Will do. I paid $379 from Brenspeed. Here is the link. http://www.brenspeed.com/05-08-mustang-pro...ers-sct-x3.html

I plan on filling up with 93, loading the program and going for a little drive out of town this weekend. My JBA headers should also be coming in next week...:happy feet:

I'm using the SCT X3 that I got through Bama Chips. I think that you will be happy with either Bama Chips or Brenspeed. They have done plenty custom tunes for Shelby's. When my GT-H wouldn't start after the load, I called Bama Chips and we got the internal code from my computer and he e-mailed me new files on the spot which made my car run like a banshee compared to stock. It also changes your shifts greatly. Very fun! (It turned out that the change Shelby made on the Hertz cars in 06 not only changed the programing, but also updated the coding on the inside of the computer that made the code on the outside by Ford irrelevant.) I would however get your SCT tuner from one of these guys as they will do updates for you for free if you make any changes to your car. They can send you a new program via e-mail that you can load directly into your programmer.

Wild please post your results. I am very interested in buying the SCT X3. How much did you pay for it by the way?

I have the SCT 2 the same one the use with the K/B Supercharger at SAI. Also have new 91 Octain tune for my baby in it for when I install the JBA shortys in spring. Will let you know how it turns out.

I have the SCT X3 via BamaChips. The tuner and the channel to tunes and service have performed flawlessly over three changes: car-to-car, and equipment updates. New tunes by return email is surely a pleasing prospect, and it works.

Archived