TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who can decipher my Vin?

BillyRay

FRIENDS,

I HAVE HAD MONEY DOWN SINCE MAY -05! mY DEALER SAYS THIS IS MY VIN, WHO CAN DICIPHER WHAT IT SAYS?

VIN: 1ZVHT88S375267738 THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!

Billy Phx az

it just says 07 shelby couple, the last 6 digits are the unique part. congratulations. mine is supposed to be built in november, but no vin yet, at least as far as I know. there are a couple of threads here that get in vins if you do a search, but there is nothing too revealing in all of it.

:doh: try this link to where I posted the VIN decoder...go to post #2

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=3544

Man and all this time I thought VINs gave you the complete breakdown on the car. When did they stop giving things like color, etc? Did they ever get into that much detail?

Man and all this time I thought VINs gave you the complete breakdown on the car. When did they stop giving things like color, etc? Did they ever get into that much detail?

I think that what you are confused by is the fact that some folks like insurance agents have access to systems which can take those last six and get a reverse lookup on the construction details. For example, without seeing the car, my agent was able to tell from the S/N that my car has an active anti-theft system on it.

I think that what you are confused by is the fact that some folks like insurance agents have access to systems which can take those last six and get a reverse lookup on the construction details. For example, without seeing the car, my agent was able to tell from the S/N that my car has an active anti-theft system on it.

I thought I remembered back in the 60s that the vins would tell you color as well as some other things. Yeah I know. That is a long time ago. I am not that old however. In 80 my first car was a 67GTA fastback and I remember checking into the VIN to see what options it came with.

FRIENDS,

I HAVE HAD MONEY DOWN SINCE MAY -05! mY DEALER SAYS THIS IS MY VIN, WHO CAN DICIPHER WHAT IT SAYS?

VIN: 1ZVHT88S375267738 THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!

Billy Phx az

1ZV IS AAI PLANT

H IS SIDE AIR BAGS F IS NO SIDE AIR BAGS THE KEY IS F OR H

T88 IS COUPE AND T89 IS CONVERTIBLE

S IS 5.4L S/C ENGINE

3 IS THE MAGIC RANDOM DIGIT THAT ALWAYS CHANGES MOSTLY NUMBERS BUT A FEW LETTERS TOO

7 I YEAR 2007

5 IS FLAT ROCK PLANT

THE LAST 6 WILL GIVE YOU A TIME FRAME WHEN CAR WAS BUILT

Archived