TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Good Question for Everybody

Ford should have asked this very question before committing on future GT500 s. Does anyone think the MY10 will be profitable? How many more people want a 50 thousand dollar mustang, especially with the economy we are in and facing? I hope Ford can sell another 30 thousand units, things would be pretty good.

Not to Hijack your thread.

Gas is back on the rise, who in the heck would ever want a diesel Ranger that got 50 mpg? Smell the coffee.

No. 1st time I saw the '07 GT500 I was (still am) in awe!

Love at 1st site. :wub:

This is going to sound corny but when I am washing the car I'll walk away from it, 20' or so and turn around and look at, I still get that sh!t eating grin! :D

SVT, Ford & Shelby nailed the look of the '07-'09 I don't think it can ever be duplicated, JMHO.

Nope.

First year for the 07, and I love it. Could never get rid of it, and as far as more HP, there's always more in the newer ones. That's what Mods are for.

Might pick up an '11 depending on what those have to offer, but the 2007 will be buried along with me. :happy feet:

No; the 2007 has a more classic/retro look to it. I also don't care too much for the rear end or the little black box (data recorder).

The black box is a real turn off. In the end the 07 - 09 w/o a black box will be more desirable. I enjoy everything about my 08. I don't see anything significant from a performance or styling perspective that would make me want change. The rear end and rear quarter panel are hideous. I would have to drink the Kool Aid to get me to like these terrible styling cues.

Wouldn't even consider it. My 2007 is everything I wanted for years. It was the first year car and every time I look at it or drive it, I still can't believe that I own it. Even though I don't particulary like the 2010 style, I still would not sell or trade my baby!!!!

Got to say I'm distressed about the whole clutch drag thing, and the fact that I'll have to deal with that eventually. BUT, my answer is NO. I don't like the rear tail lights and more modern look. I also like the dash in the 07-09 better. It's all a matter of opinion, and maybe I'm biased because I already have the 08, but I agree with those that say the 07-09 body style was right on the money. In fact, I told my wife that I had to buy this one before they changed the body style because I knew they were bound to modernize the awesome retro look on the 07-09 (and was right, IMHO). I understand why they change them after awhile, but it is history repeating itself. Keep modernizing the look and there will eventually be a cooling effect on the excitement about the look of the car. There is just something about that retro look. :salute:

Archived