TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New style hood pins on GTH

nagydude

I have a 2007 GTH Convertible I am trying to put the new style hood pins on my 07 GTH and I am having difficulties lining them up. Is it possible to make them work on the on the GTH. Would love to know if they will work?

I'm guessing they wouldn't be any different than the SGT. Same hood pins.

It is a different hood though.

I just installed them on my GT a few days ago. I had to keep the original bracket that attaches to the radiator mount. The new was a 1/4 inch longer and threw off the alignment. I also had to take a round file and elongate the holes in the hood toward the front. Then after I mounted the actual pins, I had to put a little downward pressure on the bracket to angle the pins just a "little" toward the front of the hood

The pins cant really be straight up and down, as the shape of the hood is sloped downward.

Also, I had to re-use the original screws form the original plates as the new ones were a smaller diameter and would not tighten up.

Hope you get them to work. They look much better than the originals.

This has been discussed a few times in the GT-H forum. It can be done with modification, but since the GT-H hood has quite an angle on the front compared to the Shelby GT hood, it does not work quite as well. Most folks get the newer stainless set from SPP. They are identical to the originals except for the material they are made out of. Here's a link to one of the discussions:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;hl=hood+pins

Archived