TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First 2010 GT500 Review

500forme

While I was admiring the new 2010 GT500 at Barrett Jackson, I found myself talking to a very nice Ford representative at the display. His name is Fritz, and he is the Ford Mustang brand manager. After sharing with him my love for my 2007 GT500 40th Anniversary with SS HP upgrades, he was quick to offer me the opportunity to sit in the car and show off the changes.

WOW! What a cool car! As soon as I turned the key, I knew that it was a totally different car on the inside. I'll do my best to remember what he pointed out to me.

1) Different leather on the seat bolsters and steering wheel at the ten and two o'clock positions

2) Radio controls on the steering wheel

3) Matching stripes on all seats that match the exterior stripes, I liked the look, but not sure about long term durability.

4) Illuminated SVT logo in the door sill plates, very cool looking and classy at the same time.

5) A navigation screen that has the Cobra logo that scrolls across the screen, then it greeted me with a "good afternoon"

6) New gauges that the needles all zero out when turned on

7) Different metal dash finish, interior has a much better feel for quality materials

8) All metal dash and trim componets are all real aluminum, very nice finish

Other things that I noticed and Fritz pointed out as well was, that the car has a 35% increase in front end down force that resulted in a redesigned rear spoiler for better areodynamics (interesting little black plastic lip added to the spoiler) Fritz also pointed out that the car has new 4" rear exhaust tips and a slightly different exhaust note. The wheels are very cool with a slight gun metal finish applied. The front end kept the menacing look that we all love, but did get new projector head lights. What I didnt like was a very cheap looking plastic almost full width heat extractor grill in the hood, YUCK!

And as far as how the rear end looks................way better in person than it looks in photographs, actually after about ten minutes or so it looked like it belonged, after all, the cars exterior appearance was completely massaged. I give it two thumbs up!

Fritz also eluded that there will be continued Shelby aftermarket packages for this car. However, he said that Ford will not be continuing the KR into the future beyond its original runs from 40 years ago.

Thank you for the impressions. I have one on order for my wife and this is exciting news.
Good move, you are definatly ahead of the curve. One thing that I did not mention was that Fritz did tell me that it was a prototype, however, he did say that basically what I was looking at will be what will come to market. What color did you order?

Grabber, great choice! That is one of the cars that is here, only one word comes to mind to describe it, ELECTRIC. Looks like you will have white stripes on the seats, great combination. I'll put your name on it, I'm sure no one will notice!

Thank you for the impressions. I have one on order for my wife and this is exciting news.

:yahoo: This going to my permanent emoticon for a while. So excited especially as more and more pic's and information comes out about the car.

I mean the Shelby GT 500. :whew:

:yahoo: This going to my permanent emoticon for a while. So excited especially as more and more pic's and information comes out about the car.

Hi Hun. :wub:

Here's some more good shots.

Have you seen these:

3188661297_de9da1ecb9_o.jpg

3188660995_4f6dbf5400_o.jpg

3188661731_0910620794_o.jpg

3189506084_24480261ce_o.jpg

3189506422_fa5cf318b3_o.jpg

While searching for color options on the net I ran across this grabber orange and grabber blue GT40 watch. Thought you might think this was neat since you will own both colors soon.

737464817GT_blue_neu.jpg

I I like that, where did you find that? Thanks in advance.

Grabber, just in case you didn't know, Barrett Jackson will be auctioning off the first retail 2010 GT500. And it happens to be Grabber Blue! Stunning car in person. Got your bidders paddle?

Grabber, just in case you didn't know, Barrett Jackson will be auctioning off the first retail 2010 GT500. And it happens to be Grabber Blue! Stunning car in person. Got your bidders paddle?

No paddle for me, but I did set the DVR Sat 1/17 Speed Channel :lurk:

I'm still not sold on the seat stripes, everything else is perfection though. Guess I'll have to order mine with all black interior!

While I was admiring the new 2010 GT500 at Barrett Jackson, I found myself talking to a very nice Ford representative at the display. His name is Fritz, and he is the Ford Mustang brand manager. After sharing with him my love for my 2007 GT500 40th Anniversary with SS HP upgrades, he was quick to offer me the opportunity to sit in the car and show off the changes.

WOW! What a cool car! As soon as I turned the key, I knew that it was a totally different car on the inside. I'll do my best to remember what he pointed out to me.

1) Different leather on the seat bolsters and steering wheel at the ten and two o'clock positions

2) Radio controls on the steering wheel

3) Matching stripes on all seats that match the exterior stripes, I liked the look, but not sure about long term durability.

4) Illuminated SVT logo in the door sill plates, very cool looking and classy at the same time.

5) A navigation screen that has the Cobra logo that scrolls across the screen, then it greeted me with a "good afternoon"

6) New gauges that the needles all zero out when turned on

7) Different metal dash finish, interior has a much better feel for quality materials

8) All metal dash and trim componets are all real aluminum, very nice finish

Other things that I noticed and Fritz pointed out as well was, that the car has a 35% increase in front end down force that resulted in a redesigned rear spoiler for better areodynamics (interesting little black plastic lip added to the spoiler) Fritz also pointed out that the car has new 4" rear exhaust tips and a slightly different exhaust note. The wheels are very cool with a slight gun metal finish applied. The front end kept the menacing look that we all love, but did get new projector head lights. What I didnt like was a very cheap looking plastic almost full width heat extractor grill in the hood, YUCK!

And as far as how the rear end looks................way better in person than it looks in photographs, actually after about ten minutes or so it looked like it belonged, after all, the cars exterior appearance was completely massaged. I give it two thumbs up!

Fritz also eluded that there will be continued Shelby aftermarket packages for this car. However, he said that Ford will not be continuing the KR into the future beyond its original runs from 40 years ago.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: Yeah, No more KR'S they did what they said they would do, :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: . thank you

that really bothers me, why can't you order any seat stripe you want? I want a red convert with over the top white stripe but hate the look of the white stripe on the seats. should be able to have seat stripe delete option

Throw in Some Cobra Misano S seats instead

that really bothers me, why can't you order any seat stripe you want? I want a red convert with over the top white stripe but hate the look of the white stripe on the seats. should be able to have seat stripe delete option

Based on the color chart I saw on the 2010 ordering guide you should be able to order the 6X interior with any exterior color, which means if you do that you would not get exterior stripes unless the exterior color is Torch Red, Black, Brilliant Silver or Sterling Grey in which case you would get black exterior stripes. The only interior color choice is black but you can get it with black (6X), white (62), silver (67), grabber blue (6B) or red (6D) accents (seat stripes) depending on exterior color choice. The 6X interior is black with black accents, in other words, no seat stripes.

To summarize: you can delete the seat stripes if you do not want exterior stripes at all or if you want black stripes on a Red, Black, Silver or Grey car.

Clear as mud, right? :headscratch:

Archived