TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is there any risk in having a spped shop tune your Shelby

tiger mark2

I read where everyone is talking that a tune alone can result in 50-75 HP at the flywheel. I presume this is putting the car on a local speed shop's dyne and having them make adjustments with the computer. Is there a downside of this type of tuning?

Can any speedshop do this work. What is the approximate cost?

Any suggestions in Cleveland for a good local shop b4 the snow flys?

Can't imagine more HP :bandance: Will additional power require any other modifications? Will the car stock be able to convert this additional power to the ground without more spinning.

Yes there is a risk any time you change the car from stock. Tuning is an especially simple way to get into trouble if you don't use a trusted source. That is why you need data logging and performance data if you move away from a single source "kit" of componants. Do a search and you will see that there are many options.

Yes there is a risk any time you change the car from stock. Tuning is an especially simple way to get into trouble if you don't use a trusted source. That is why you need data logging and performance data if you move away from a single source "kit" of componants. Do a search and you will see that there are many options.

several good speed shops are mentioned here, and also on SVTPerformance forum. Otherwise, see if Cleveland has a local mustang group online, or maybe just a car enthusiast forum. Usually there are discussions and resources as to who has good reputation for tuning and dyno work. Tuning a high hp engine with a supercharger is not for a novice. Lots of things can be done wrong, particularly since the shelby has a new processing unit than the terminators.

Good Luck

John

Several folks (me included) have "tunes" from Justin at www.vmptuning.com. He's a great guy, experienced, answers all your questions and will design a tune specific to your needs/wants. While he is in Florida, mine and others were done via mail order and have had NO problems or issues. He is very careful and understanding of GT500 owner's cars and will not push the limit just to become an internet hero!

Several folks (me included) have "tunes" from Justin at www.vmptuning.com. He's a great guy, experienced, answers all your questions and will design a tune specific to your needs/wants. While he is in Florida, mine and others were done via mail order and have had NO problems or issues. He is very careful and understanding of GT500 owner's cars and will not push the limit just to become an internet hero!

How can he do it 'mailorder' with dynoing each specific car? Thanks for the website info...he sounds quite knowledable and indicates this motor is unique and couod be problematic for the wrong tuner.

I read where everyone is talking that a tune alone can result in 50-75 HP at the flywheel. I presume this is putting the car on a local speed shop's dyne and having them make adjustments with the computer. Is there a downside of this type of tuning?

Can any speedshop do this work. What is the approximate cost?

Any suggestions in Cleveland for a good local shop b4 the snow flys?

Can't imagine more HP :bandance: Will additional power require any other modifications? Will the car stock be able to convert this additional power to the ground without more spinning.

I don't know about "every" shop, but I found one in Cincinnati and one in Indy. Yes, they put it on a chassis dyno (meaning the rear wheels sit on large underground drums and rotate them) and measure the output. Cost will vary obviously, but the guy I called said $100 would get me 3 pulls. If you want to have them make modifications and re-test, that's extra since they have to remove it from the dyno and hook it back up.

Dave

Archived