TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So, how long did it take after order for you?

LSR

*FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY HAVE THEIR GT500'S*

So, how long did it take after order for your car to arrive at you placed your order?

I ordered from a Non SVT/Non PA dealership and I now have my car.

Ordered: 3-24-06

Vin: 7-21-06

Built: 8-14-06

Released: 8-21-06

ON HOLD 47 days which included striping and quaility checks

Loaded at ramp: 10-5-06

Arrived: 10-7-06

From the day I ordered to the day I recieved the car, was a total of 197 days, aprox. 8 months

The Non SVT/Non PA dealership I order from is now closed by Ford and my car was delived to a PA dealership.

post-3039-1162225210_thumb.jpg

post-3039-1162225210_thumb.jpg

Ordered March 27th...7 months and counting. I'm expecting to pick up my Shelby around June 2007, which would make it 15 months total for me.

I saw somewhere somebody had calculated the average time from getting a VIN to receiving the car. I believe it was something like 56 days. I think the sample was relatively small.

So, how long did it take after order for your car to arrive at you placed your order?

From the day I ordered to the day I recieved the car, was a total of 197 days, aprox. 8 months

The Non SVT/Non PA dealership I order from is now closed by Ford and my car was delived to a PA dealership.

LSR, do you have family in Jacksonville?

I ordered my car on Sept. 30, 2006, got the vin on Oct. 26, 2006, Scheduled for delivery early part of Nov. 2006. Mine might be the fastest that anyone has received theirs. I think it is because I ordered mine without stripes, who knows. Congrats on getting your car, I am sure it was worth the wait.

Florida and Just Curious. :shrug:

I believe I have a sister and brother in Jacksonville, but unsure. I just called my sister in Homestead,FL to ask but she wasn't in.

Why are you curious?

Quote from ELITE 1: "Congrats on getting your car, I am sure it was worth the wait."

Thanks and yes it was worth it.

Why are you curious?

A guy thats a member of our local Mustang and Lighting club has his uncles car to"Mod it". This guys has a very, very nice L. It was just in the MM&FF pages last month.

I was just wondering if it was you? These guys do outstanding work and if it's your car he has, I just wanted to give you a big :rockon: .

My Grabber Orange / Tungsten convertible (side stripes, shaker 500) was ordered on 8/30/06, and I got delivery of it 10/27/06. Car actually arrived at the dealer on 10/23/06 and would have been ready for delivery, but I had to wait for them to order and install the remainder of the stripes.

Could we have more info please. How is your order getting pulled so quickly? How is it arriving so quickly? Do you have stripe delete or a Vert? Is your dealer a Pres. Award dealer?

I'm new to stangsunleashed, and have just made a couple of other posts. I've loved mustangs for many years and had a '97 Cobra that I had to sell due to the need for a car better in winter conditions. Now I'm in a position to buy the 07 Shelby as a 3rd car - plan on keeping it longterm.

I talked with several local dealers over the past year, but had not made any commitments. Early August I went to the only dealer that I was aware of in the area that was to get more than one car (not sure about Pres. Award winner status). They had sold their first car for $60K (according to them) and were getting ready to put in the order for the second - no one had agrred to purchase the 2nd Shelby at that time. We agreed on a price. The dealership had planned on ordering a vert, but after we made the deal I let them know I wanted a torch red coupe with white stripes, shaker 500, and interior upgrade. The order was placed August 3. I kept up with the dealer who informed me of the VIN in early October. I called Ford customer service with the VIN and they confirmed the car would be shipped Nov 5. My dealer tells me I should have the car sometime between Nov 5-12. We'll see if it happens, but I'm optimistic, because everything else I have been told has been accurate.

I'm new to stangsunleashed, and have just made a couple of other posts. I've loved mustangs for many years and had a '97 Cobra that I had to sell due to the need for a car better in winter conditions. Now I'm in a position to buy the 07 Shelby as a 3rd car - plan on keeping it longterm.

I talked with several local dealers over the past year, but had not made any commitments. Early August I went to the only dealer that I was aware of in the area that was to get more than one car (not sure about Pres. Award winner status). They had sold their first car for $60K (according to them) and were getting ready to put in the order for the second - no one had agrred to purchase the 2nd Shelby at that time. We agreed on a price. The dealership had planned on ordering a vert, but after we made the deal I let them know I wanted a torch red coupe with white stripes, shaker 500, and interior upgrade. The order was placed August 3. I kept up with the dealer who informed me of the VIN in early October. I called Ford customer service with the VIN and they confirmed the car would be shipped Nov 5. My dealer tells me I should have the car sometime between Nov 5-12. We'll see if it happens, but I'm optimistic, because everything else I have been told has been accurate.

'ol' man:

Welcome to the forum. I think you will find it to be extremely helpful, fun, and a great way to learn about this car and other stangs.

My order date was 6/30 and delivered 9/8. So, your timing is similar to mine. About 100 days from order date to delivery. I consider myself extremely lucky to take delivery that fast.

Welcome 'ol man'. Thanks for the input. My Shelby has been 228 days so far. I probably won't see it 'til 1ST week of December that would make it 265 DAYS!!!! Ordered March 16, three days after order banks opened.

Ordered April 1st as of today 10/30 still on MATERIAL HOLD :rant:

• 4 months later...
*FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY HAVE THEIR GT500'S*

Wow LSR, Your car was on hold longer than mine. You got me beat.

Archived