TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Update on my Gt500 Order

y2kvet

I just spoke with Ford and received excellent news on my car:

Order Picked up on 10-26-06

Serialized on 10-26-06

Production Date 11-20-06

I may even get delivery before Christmas!

:party:

congratulations. are you getting your information from your dealer, or direct from ford customer service? Mine is also to be built in November, but most times I have tough time getting updates from my dealer.

congratulations. are you getting your information from your dealer, or direct from ford customer service? Mine is also to be built in November, but most times I have tough time getting updates from my dealer.

I don't post much but have been reading here every day now for many months. Just wanted to up date you all on my Shelby to be here any day now. Placed a dept Dec 12th 05 :shift: paper work stated right to refusal with ADM at time of delivery. As long as I live I will never agree to something written like that, but that was my only choice I could find, I call and visited dealers all over the United States it was my best shot at getting the car order as I wanted it. March 16th got the call to come in and order so I chose an Ebony coup tungsten, red int, pre up grade, sat. My dealer sales person was always nice but not to into the car as we all are. I knew more about it, from you all here. Have a long list of all the mods and web sites, info that you folks have shared and it is saved in a big file. I too had to call Ford to get up dates as only herd from dealer a few times. The only reason why I will be getting the car this week is because, one time calling customer service in September they asked to make a file on my calls, which lead to a very nice customer service rep that finally talked to someone and got me a 01 priority build. It’s been hard to be joyful about my new car not knowing what the dealer wanted for that ADM, because in my mind I had a dollar figure I would spend over and that was it in my eyes. I checked out the new infinity g35s and loved that car and was looking at the BMW m35 and even test drove one. But my heart was still in the Shelby. Today I could wait no longer and call my sales person, and asked her to speak to the manger about my ADM, and she called back, I was at the bar so if I needed to I could go back in a have a couple of stiff one. The news was good! And the ADM is high but it was with in my budget. Now their will be a Shelby in my garage that has been cleaned out for months now. Just a few more days. After all these months I feel like I know all you folks and have enjoyed all your posts, would like to meet some of you some time as I will be getting around. :shift:

:happy feet: Hans, Right on Bro. It was good to read your story. I thought it might end bad, but surprise GOOD. This is a once in a lifetime purchase for me too. It's a keeper. Where are you from ?

Palm beach Florida

I am getting information from the dealer and confirming it through Ford in Detroit.

Hans,

That is great news man. I just got my Shelby home last week and in my mind it is worth all the headaches that I went through to get it. It is a beautiful car. Your color choice is a great one too.

Congrats,

Venom07

Thanks guys, I'm still waitng for the call that the car is here, got my insurance company line up as well as purchase monies. :shift:

Archived