TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Summer plans

thewheelman

Trying to plan summer vacation this week and want to include a trip to the Shelby facility in Las Vegas as a part of it. What is available there? Plant tours? Museum? Cafe? What are the hours/days these are available OR where can I find this info?

Thanks!

Well, I can help you a little bit. I know they only have 1 tour per day. I believe it starts at 10 am (maybe 10:30).

The showroom is about 1/2 block (2 minute walk) from the cafe. The cafe is pretty cool. Lots of memorabilia on the walls and signatures from some famous (and some not so famous) car people.

I haven't been in the showroom since the re-model. previously, you could see all there was to see in about 30 minutes or so. The gift shop was a joke. Unless you want something with Terlingua on it. what they did have was in odd sizes. I visited 3 times and never did buy anything. I heard it was better now that the re-model is finished.

Overall, it's worth the stop if you're in the area. Get there in the morning for the tour, spend a little time in the showroom, have lunch at the cafe and you'll be all done by noon.

If you own a Shelby, and you're in Vegas, you have to visit at least once. Especially if you have the Shelby with you. You have to get a picture of your car in front of the Shelby building.

Also, every time I stopped by, they were loading cars onto a car hauler out front. It was pretty cool seeing someones BRAND NEW Shelby getting loaded up and ready to be delivered.

We took our SGT to the museum, gift shop and cafe a week after the remodel in November 2008 :happy feet:. The tours are free and start at 10:30 AM weekdays only. You can take all of the photos you want, but not in the shop areas. Everything is top notch, well worth every minute :drool: We're going back in either June or Oct. this year.

As for the cafe, come hungry. The food is great and the portions large. We did 2 sandwiches and 2 soft drinks for under $20, which is a bargin in Vegas. And all of the great Shelby decor. The wall sconce lights are valve covers! The paper placemats are different old photos of many things Shelby. They won't let you "borrow" the ones from the table next to you so take care of yours. One of mine has 2 GT350s in a parking lot, maybe LA back in 1966. The other shows a mechanic modifying the rear floor pan for the Detroit Locker rear on a GT350. We actually did the cafe twice in two days.

The facility is just south of I-15 on Speedway Blvd. As the Intersate runs, this is north of town, towards Utah.

Help! Here's my plan--we'll be in Sedona until Saturday (in June) then drive into Vegas Saturday morning. Hang out, take in the sights of Vegas over the weekend and hit Shelby first thing Monday morning. Does the tour take you through the shop and museum? Can you wander the museum at your leisure? Eat at the cafe and catch an afternoon flight back. How far from Shelby to passenger terminal (and rental car return)?

Thanks!

Help! Here's my plan--we'll be in Sedona until Saturday (in June) then drive into Vegas Saturday morning. Hang out, take in the sights of Vegas over the weekend and hit Shelby first thing Monday morning. Does the tour take you through the shop and museum? Can you wander the museum at your leisure? Eat at the cafe and catch an afternoon flight back. How far from Shelby to passenger terminal (and rental car return)?

Thanks!

Tour starts in the Museum and ends outside the shop. I like to wander the museum before the tour.

It's about 30 min. from SAI to the car rental site and about another 20 min. to catch the shuttle and get from the car rental site to the airport. All car rentals are off site.

Archived