TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How much does a dealership charge for PDI/paperwork?

06ragtopGT

Wondering what charge I should expect form my local dealer when my car shows up for the PDI/paperwork/clean up and whatever else is done. The car is a courtesy delivery from another dealer out of state (delivered straight from the plant). Any ideas? :headscratch:

I have seen courtesy deliveries from 100 to 350.00 anything more is a ripoff

I live in Northern Indiana, my car was brought down from Wisconsin for me. Took 2 days from the time I put a deposit on it, and the dealer didn't charge me anything for bringing it down. (I used the x-plan to buy it). I arrived early to pick it up, and they were cleaning / detailing it still. Also no charge. Maybe I just got lucky with my dealer? :)

My total purchase price was exactly the x-plan price on the invoice, minus the rebates offered at the time. No other charges at all.

EDIT: I don't have a shelby! sorry for the confusion - this is on a regular mustang - see my post below. :blush:

- Tony

I live in Northern Indiana, my car was brought down from Wisconsin for me. Took 2 days from the time I put a deposit on it, and the dealer didn't charge me anything for bringing it down. (I used the x-plan to buy it). I arrived early to pick it up, and they were cleaning / detailing it still. Also no charge. Maybe I just got lucky with my dealer? :)

My total purchase price was exactly the x-plan price on the invoice, minus the rebates offered at the time. No other charges at all.

- Tony

You got x-plan on a shelby :cry:

- Tony

X-Plan?!?!? Holy :censored: !! I asked my dealer if I could get X-Plan, and he just laughed. You are one lucky duck! :doh:

- Tony

Please advise who your dealer is. PM if you wish but they deserve the credit for that. I am in Indy and my wife is from N. IN (Hobart) so a trip there would be very easy if a dealer wanted to work with me. I also qualify for X plan but don't expect to get to use it on this one.

Or - was your experience with something other than a Shelby?

Thanks!

Wondering what charge I should expect form my local dealer when my car shows up for the PDI/paperwork/clean up and whatever else is done. The car is a courtesy delivery from another dealer out of state (delivered straight from the plant). Any ideas? :headscratch:

My receiving dealer charged me $100.00 and I felt that was fair. The paperwork was Fedex'd from the selling dealer and took about 5 minutes to complete. I understood him to say that Ford still paid him for the PDI even though he didn't sell the vehicle.

Good luck and enjoy.

Joe53

Archived