TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Shots Are Up

Maybe this is old news but a few rear end shots are up on the Mustang Source site.

I was most worried about the rear, but it works really well for the car. Now that I have seen, at least in pictures, all sides of the 2010 GT500, I say GREAT JOB FORD!

The new 2010 GT500 looks great, and the coupe shots in Grabber Blue look awesome.

I look forward to seeing some at the Chicago Autoshow, I hope!

My favorite feature of the backend is the cool Gurney Flap on the spoiler. That is super cool! The overall shape of the spoiler looks really nice, too.

I was hearing and not seeing any rear pic's and was starting worry that I was not going to be thrilled with the rear of the 2010. The look of the rear is an important part of the over all apperance, and agree, over all the look is nice.

I don't know the functional aspect of the spoiler, so I guess it was designed to enhance the performance which I trust is the reason for such a change to the rear.

I still just can't get used to the rear end. I still think it has a satchel a**.

I agree. I suspect that rear will be revised sooner than later.

edit - But I hope that most people like it, as I want the car to sell well to help Ford.

I agree. I suspect that rear will be revised sooner than later.

edit - But I hope that most people like it, as I want the car to sell well to help Ford.

Ehh It's growing on me. Slowly but surely... :peelout:

I think they put things like the big plastic piece on the cars so they will have something available to "change" for the next model year, at which time they might paint it or something.

I think they put things like the big plastic piece on the cars so they will have something available to "change" for the next model year, at which time they might paint it or something.

I think in this case, it was all drivin by the desire to make the car look "smaller". Ford thinks we all think the car looks too big, and we will then decide they are fuel pigs, and not buy them. That has to be the goofiest line of thinking I have ever heard, but I have read that in multiple places about the desire of the reskin was to simply make the car "look smaller". They did some major additions of angles, etc... I think to make the side profile look shorter, etc...

I think the plastic was simply to deal with what would otherwise be a super massive appearing rear end. It causes a visual break, but for some reason, at least in the pictures, it draws the eye. I think it is supposed to do the opposite....that our eyes go to the painted part of the car, and the black is supposed become invisible.

I think with the lighting, they are even trying to make it hard to see in the pictures.

I think there are at least 3-4 stakes in the diffuser style in the black, but Ford has darkened the picture so much, to try and hide the black plastic from our eyes, that they have hidden the cool feature of the diffuser.

What I really like about the back end, is how it contibutes to the amazing looking side shots. It really helps the car look more compact, which is what they were after.

I was more worried about it, but seeing it on a few pictures, It is my least favorite feature of the car, but I still give it a 8/10 and the rest of the car 10/10! Great Job FORD!

Notice in picture 48 how the back end looks like its got a bubble butt...I just cant put my finger what I dont like, but it just doesnt look racey from the new design...it is fine for a new Mustang...but maybe not as great for a Shelby.

It looks constipated....

I dont know if I got the song baby got back in my head or honky tonk badonk a donk...

I have to say though, I wasn't entirely crazy about the Super Snake till I saw in person and then loved it, so I will hold my opinion till then either way.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the picts. The car itself, from the side and front looks nice, its growing on me even. I could even live with the scalloped rear, but that diffuser is a crime...IMHO it wrecks the tail. At least they "fixed" the lettering though.

I assume they use focus groups to research this stuff. Who are these people that are saying "oh yeah THAT looks good". Maybe its just a bean counter thing. The car does look fat from the back at a 3/4 angle.

That said, I will still buy one..probably will wait for a '11 if they come with the aluminum block. I dont think I will EVER part with my '07 though. Ford really nailed the rear (and pretty much everything else except the lettering) on the current GT500, too bad they didnt stick with it more on the new one.

KC666

:rockon:

Archived