TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Back in the hunt for a GT500

gabnmantha

Hello again all,

Well, I am back in the hunt for a GT500 coupe. I bought a Vapor 08 GT500 for MSRP last January. I added a JLT intake & tune & SLP axle backs & the car was awesome. I sold the car w/ only 400 miles on her in order to get my 1968 GT390 FB Highland Green back from the person I sold it too. Well, it all worked out! Now, I really regret selling the GT500. What a car. I hear the supercharger whining when i close my eyes.

My dilema is should I try to find a left over 08 or super low mile car at a great price or just buy the 2010. I can order a 2010 for 2k over dealer invoice from a fellow Ford salesmanager. I am a sales manager for a Buick-Pont-GMC store.

I love the interior of the 2010 & the front end is great too. The 540hp sure helps. The rear end is a bit weak but I'd live with it. I am still searching for a Black 08 or 09 GT500 coupe if I can get a great deal. If I can buy an 09 @ invoice or an 08 under, I will do it. Other wise I may have to wait for the 2010.

Frustrated

Any suggestions will be appreciated! Regards, Dave

Congrats on getting your old car back..

If I where in the market for a GT500 again, I would buy one of these low mile one's that already have mods that are for sale..I paid sticker for mine a year ago. With kids in college it left me little money to mod mine. I now see my exact car with less miles (mine has 1k) for sale with the kennybell setup and exaust/headers for what I payed new. Thats about 8k in mods for free !!!!!!!!!!!

I would shop around first and see if you find what you want.. Unless your dead set on new, there are some good deals to be had.

Congrats on getting your old car back..

If I where in the market for a GT500 again, I would buy one of these low mile one's that already have mods that are for sale..I paid sticker for mine a year ago. With kids in college it left me little money to mod mine. I now see my exact car with less miles (mine has 1k) for sale with the kennybell setup and exaust/headers for what I payed new. Thats about 8k in mods for free !!!!!!!!!!!

I would shop around first and see if you find what you want.. Unless your dead set on new, there are some good deals to be had.

Thanks alot for the good advice. I figured I could get a good buy on a used Gt500. However, I don't want a car that has been thru 100 burn-outs, etc in 1000 miles.

If I can find the right car w/ say 1000 miles or less, I'd buy it. My JLT CAI & tune & SLPs cost around 1200.00. That was plenty of power for me.

Thanks again for you're thoughts.

Regards, Dave

Don't know where you are, but before Christmas, Paducah Ford, Paducah, KY had a black w/red coupe, a 40th coupe and a white/blue coupe in stock. Parker Ford, Murray, KY has a red/white coupe. Pennyrile Ford, Hopkinsville, KY has a white/blue coupe and last weekend CarMax in Knoxville had a white/blue coupe with 5k on the clock for 39999. Town & Country in Nashville is supposed to have a black KR and another one (color unknown) coming in......I try to keep tabs on what's local.

Good Hunting!

I figure it this way. If you can afford to buy the new one and prefer the looks of the new one, then get the new one becaue in the long run you'll be much happier. Otherwise you'll be looking at the '10s running around and saying I sure wished I had just sprung for what I really wanted.

If you get an 09 built in late August 2008 or later you can avoid the potential issue with the flywheel and associated TSB.

I have been reading about the flywheel issues. I never experienced any problems with my 08. I honly put about 400 miles on it & it ran perfectly. I agree about the late august cars. If I am not going to try & get a 2010, I am better off getting a later model 09 to save me a potential headache later. Thanks

I figure it this way. If you can afford to buy the new one and prefer the looks of the new one, then get the new one becaue in the long run you'll be much happier. Otherwise you'll be looking at the '10s running around and saying I sure wished I had just sprung for what I really wanted.

Good advice. I plan on talking with the Ford salesmanager later today about price & order time on the 2010. He actually turned down the 2 he was allocated. Times have been tough & the dealership didn't want to pay the $1,000.00 SVT sales fee to allocate the cars. However, he was supposed to contact the Ford rep & see if he can still get one. He claims that the fee is $1000 for 2010 & $1000 for 2011 in order to sell them. That is why he is charging me $2,000.00 over invoice. We'll see. I do LOVE the 2010 interior. Since that is where you are spending your time, it is important. I'll let you guys know what he says today.

Archived