TEAM SHELBY FORUM

kenne bell brace

Hi, I just ordered the kenne bell kit from SPP. I searched the forums to try to answer this question, but could not find a clear answer. Will this brace fit with the shelby/kenne bell 2.6 supercharger kit? http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013346 Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Yes, that's the same one I have installed and I bought it from blue oval.

Congrats on the KB.

Jeff

I used shims and put the one that came with the SGT back on the car....see album. You will enjoy the KB. Very quite. I started with a measured 278 RWHP and ended up with 451 RWHP. That is somewhere north of 500hp at the engine I believe.

Regards

Liked your album! Nice garage! However not a good pic of the shims...how thick and how many if you could post for us thanks!!!

Liked your album! Nice garage! However not a good pic of the shims...how thick and how many if you could post for us thanks!!!

If I remember I used 3 to raise the front of the brace. The engine rotates away (CC) down under throttle. It works. I've seen one other but not tried. The one here for the v6 is also the same bar used on the Bullitt vehicle I think. You do need the brace whatever course chosen. There is a long thread about the subject. Chip is working on one for his Whipple SGT that I sold to him. The Whipple sits higher. Long story short, I had both in the garage floor at the start of this conversion, and selected the KB. If and when I change my GT500 I'll use KB again. The SGT has always been the choice to drive from the people who have driven both of the cars.

Thanks about the garage, 1 1/2 years of planning and building...3,300 sqft on two floors, two lifts, 21 foot ceiling up top, and 10' on the lower floor. Holds 9 cars and a good sized shop area. I was working on the 427 FE in the GT40 MkII today. My wife calls the car 'beautiful'.

If I remember I used 3 to raise the front of the brace. The engine rotates away (CC) down under throttle. It works. I've seen one other but not tried. The one here for the v6 is also the same bar used on the Bullitt vehicle I think. You do need the brace whatever course chosen. There is a long thread about the subject. Chip is working on one for his Whipple SGT that I sold to him. The Whipple sits higher. Long story short, I had both in the garage floor at the start of this conversion, and selected the KB. If and when I change my GT500 I'll use KB again. The SGT has always been the choice to drive from the people who have driven both of the cars.

Thanks about the garage, 1 1/2 years of planning and building...3,300 sqft on two floors, two lifts, 21 foot ceiling up top, and 10' on the lower floor. Holds 9 cars and a good sized shop area. I was working on the 427 FE in the GT40 MkII today. My wife calls the car 'beautiful'.

I agree with your wife on the GT40!! Thanks I assume you used washers to shim up the front. I was thinking of getting the paxton but after doing the research I am thinking of the KB installed by SAI. Looks and works great from what I understand...Thanks for your input!!

Archived