TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Military - FYI

For those that are retired and active, seems our newly Pres elect is up to no good. According to records filed in the Congressional Budget Office (BPO), there is a very STRONG recommendation to dissolve the topic description to fund his campaign promises made. Seems he thinks that the program is to expensive and needs to be cut from the budget all together.

It means a complete wipeout of the health care program designed and implemented for ALL military service members. Guess our sacrifices in serving this great nation aren't worth a penny to him.

If you want to voice your opposition, write to your state leadership, not once, but many times and let them hear your voice. This affects the young and old, so those service members still in their prime and not yet retired, will be affected if approved and passed by congress.

The supporting members for the military that help fight these sort of actions will be going head to head with congressional leadership about this, but need your voice to help be affective.

Not the sort of "change" i was expecting!

:rant2:

Doesn't sound good. Do you have a website link to the info?

yea,go to www.cbo.gov

then scroll down under the graph. you'll see Budget Options Vol1, Health. Click the pdf link. The pdf file is 236 pages long. this info is on pg189.

but this is a good site for all our fed budget stuff.

yea,go to www.cbo.gov

then scroll down under the graph. you'll see Budget Options Vol1, Health. Click the pdf link. The pdf file is 236 pages long. this info is on pg189.

but this is a good site for all our fed budget stuff.

Thanks for the reference site. I'm glad it is written so that the average guy like me can read it. Maybe the National healthcare plan is suppose to fill the gap. Not.

For those that are retired and active, seems our newly Pres elect is up to no good. According to records filed in the Congressional Budget Office (BPO), there is a very STRONG recommendation to dissolve the topic description to fund his campaign promises made. Seems he thinks that the program is to expensive and needs to be cut from the budget all together.

It means a complete wipeout of the health care program designed and implemented for ALL military service members. Guess our sacrifices in serving this great nation aren't worth a penny to him.

If you want to voice your opposition, write to your state leadership, not once, but many times and let them hear your voice. This affects the young and old, so those service members still in their prime and not yet retired, will be affected if approved and passed by congress.

The supporting members for the military that help fight these sort of actions will be going head to head with congressional leadership about this, but need your voice to help be affective.

Not the sort of "change" i was expecting!

:rant2:

Whoa! Are you relieving JayDub? So, I'll bite, what does this have to do with Obama?

The fact is the CBO makes TONS of recommendations every year many way out on the edge. That's what they do! I served as a legislative intern when in college and my Rep worked on the Finance committee so I think I have a pretty good understanding of how this process works.

The CBO does not work for Obama, or even the Executive branch, they do make recommendations to Congress and to the OMB which is in the Executive branch. The CBO does not care what Obama campaigned on or what the public and Congress want, they don't see people they only see numbers but that's what they are paid to do. They are the counter weight so to speak. Regardless these are nothing but recommendations, they make a lot of them, and your post and junk I've read in the FRA etc., are nothing more than fear mongering so these "veterans organizations" can look good to their members when it doesn't happen later claiming they "worked for us and saved our healthcare".

The only relationship you could make, and you don't even bother to, is that the current head of CBO is going to OMB. But AGAIN, CBO's function is to look at numbers, OMB is to figure out how to pay for the President's programs, and in the end the President has ZERO power (other than a veto) to make any changes to the budget as that is written and approved by Congress, based upon the President's submitted budget. Even if you believe that Obama and every Democrat in Congress wants to cut our healthcare in the middle of a war, I have I think 42 Republican's that I can see latching on to it to take some mid-term election advantage.

Anyway...this is fantasy land!

Do you even know what this is all about? It's about the move as of Jan 5th to allow “Priority Group 7-8” veterans with incomes higher than they used to allow into the VA System. If you are already in the VA system this doesn't even affect you.

BTW: I am a service related disabled Vet, how about you? I don't make a big deal about it but I am not worried in the least especially based upon Obama's deep friendship and respect for Tammy Duckworth our IL Vet Affairs head that is a double amputee from Iraq.

Want to know more?

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section...p;article=59890

As you were...

Whoa! Are you relieving JayDub? So, I'll bite, what does this have to do with Obama?

The fact is the CBO makes TONS of recommendations every year many way out on the edge. That's what they do! I served as a legislative intern when in college and my Rep worked on the Finance committee so I think I have a pretty good understanding of how this process works.

The CBO does not work for Obama, or even the Executive branch, they do make recommendations to Congress and to the OMB which is in the Executive branch. The CBO does not care what Obama campaigned on or what the public and Congress want, they don't see people they only see numbers but that's what they are paid to do. They are the counter weight so to speak. Regardless these are nothing but recommendations, they make a lot of them, and your post and junk I've read in the FRA etc., are nothing more than fear mongering so these "veterans organizations" can look good to their members when it doesn't happen later claiming they "worked for us and saved our healthcare".

The only relationship you could make, and you don't even bother to, is that the current head of CBO is going to OMB. But AGAIN, CBO's function is to look at numbers, OMB is to figure out how to pay for the President's programs, and in the end the President has ZERO power (other than a veto) to make any changes to the budget as that is written and approved by Congress, based upon the President's submitted budget. Even if you believe that Obama and every Democrat in Congress wants to cut our healthcare in the middle of a war, I have I think 42 Republican's that I can see latching on to it to take some mid-term election advantage.

Anyway...this is fantasy land!

Do you even know what this is all about? It's about the move as of Jan 5th to allow “Priority Group 7-8” veterans with incomes higher than they used to allow into the VA System. If you are already in the VA system this doesn't even affect you.

BTW: I am a service related disabled Vet, how about you? I don't make a big deal about it but I am not worried in the least especially based upon Obama's deep friendship and respect for Tammy Duckworth our IL Vet Affairs head that is a double amputee from Iraq.

Want to know more?

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section...p;article=59890

As you were...

JeffIsHereToo,

I agree with you on the Obama comments. However, I think you misunderstand the Tricare For Life part. Tricare is for military active duty and retirees + their dependants. Tricare For Life covers retirees after they reach 62 years old. Tricare For Life was passed into law in 2002. We as retirees currently have to pay to play in Tricare. This proposal option ups the cost to the retiree. This program is totally seperate from the VA system that you are familar with. Read up on it before you cast that line. The truth is out there. Oh yea, I'm a disabled vet too. FLY, FIGHT, WIN!

JeffIsHereToo,

I agree on the Obama comments. I think you misunderstand the Tricare For Life part. Tricare is for military active duty and retirees + their dependants. Tricare For Life covers retirees after they reach 62 years old. Totally seperate from the VA system that you are familar. Read up on it before you cast that line. Yea, I'm a disabled vet too.

I think you missed my point, which is this is CBO and it means NOTHING!

If you want to get people all riled up at least wait until someone that can write a bill, or sign a law, mentions it as a possibility. Nothing makes me more angry than our supposed "veterans organizations" that feed this junk out to their membership to scare them and get them to pay dues, memberships, what ever.

Again CBO looks and says, with the mounting costs of VA care, we might look at not covering as much for middle income dependents to offset taking on more priority 7 & 8 service memebers that did serve. It's all numbers to them.

This post was worse in that it was used as a way to attack Obama, who isn't even President yet, saying things like the "Pres elect is up to no good." and that "he thinks that the program is to expensive and needs to be cut from the budget all together." NONE of which is true. I really resent people that use veterans like pawns to make points or attack the other guy and that's what this was.

Hey, if it ever gets into a Bill or in to the budget recommendations I'll be right there with you, until then this is just FUD.

Fair winds and following seas!

In a related story, I see the cola for Military retire'es has be postponed and there is a possibility it could be cancelled. Looks like we are the target again as we have been in the past

Tim where did you see it was postponed? I was already to spend it an help the economy!

:-)

Tim,

Looked at my bank statement on Saturday and the COLA was in there, deposited on 2 January. Could it be the COLA for active duty? We did get a nice one this year (5.8%) and when my SS kicks in I am pulling the plug!

Bill

Maybe. I got the COLA adjustment in my account and the letter Friday...I guess better late then never!

Archived