TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger cost and comparison

I received a new catalog yesterday and tried once again to convince the Wife to let me buy a supercharger. Once I was reading and seeing the prices I was shocked to see such a significant difference... well check this out and see what I mean.

Supercharger cost and comparison:

Shelby - Paxton Satin w/intercooler Supercharger $5,099.99

Other Mustang Aftermarket Supplier - Paxton Satin w/intercooler Supercharger $4,494.64

Shelby – Ford Racing Black w/intercooler Supercharger - $6,995.95

Other Mustang Aftermarket Supplier - Ford Racing Black w/intercooler Supercharger -$5,699.64

These are 2007 Shelby GT prices and I know the Shelby ones have the Shelby plaque on them. (Which I want) but it is worth $500-1,300 extra? Like I said above, will Shelby supercharger pricing come down to meet this, or am I paying for the plaque? Thanks,

Jim

Edit - Other Mustang Aftermarket Supplier is the name I'm using for the new catalog. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to say their name on this site.

The SPP lists the Kenne Bell/black 500+hp super charger at $5,799. I paid $6,000. for parts at SAI in September. SAI didn't do a break down on labor, but there was a seperate labor charge. Did I pay a lot of extra money to have SAI do the install? YES!! Was it worth it? YES!!! I wanted the car listed in the registry as a SGT/SC and the only way that would happen is if an authorized Shelby Mod Shop did the install and they use the Shelby badged parts.

I don't know about the whipple from shelby, but the paxton is a unique kit to shelby. The intercooler is a vortech air to water intercooler and the head unit is a novi 1200. The paxton kits can vary significantly from vendors due to the tuner kit that paxton offers. That basically opens it up to the tuner to build the kit however they see fit. The Shelby paxton kit is set up really nice for a street driven car.

I wasn't as concerned about being an official registry supercharged car, so I went with another vendors kit that has a higher horsepower potential for when I get my engine built.

Guest hfrosso
Did I pay a lot of extra money to have SAI do the install? YES!! Was it worth it? YES!!! I wanted the car listed in the registry as a SGT/SC and the only way that would happen is if an authorized Shelby Mod Shop did the install and they use the Shelby badged parts.

I going to have my car supercharged (whipple 550hp) done at Tasca in the next few monts.

I agree with you on that one! I don't think that i would have it done any other way, even if it costs more.

Guest hfrosso
I received a new catalog yesterday and tried once again to convince the Wife to let me buy a supercharger. Once I was reading and seeing the prices I was shocked to see such a significant difference... well check this out and see what I mean.

Supercharger cost and comparison:

Shelby - Paxton Satin w/intercooler Supercharger $5,099.99

Other Mustang Aftermarket Supplier - Paxton Satin w/intercooler Supercharger $4,494.64

Shelby – Ford Racing Black w/intercooler Supercharger - $6,995.95

Other Mustang Aftermarket Supplier - Ford Racing Black w/intercooler Supercharger -$5,699.64

These are 2007 Shelby GT prices and I know the Shelby ones have the Shelby plaque on them. (Which I want) but it is worth $500-1,300 extra? Like I said above, will Shelby supercharger pricing come down to meet this, or am I paying for the plaque? Thanks,

Jim

Edit - Other Mustang Aftermarket Supplier is the name I'm using for the new catalog. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to say their name on this site.

It all depends where you are going also, I have shop around and got prices on KB and Whipple (polished) from $8.000 up to $11.000 installed!!!!!

Guest hfrosso
Does the price in the Shelby catalog include installation?

Can someone answer this for me?

The prices on the catalog does not include installation!!

Archived