TEAM SHELBY FORUM

satalite radio still working?

gene64cobra

been over 1 year now, since i bought #209 got in her this morning thought i would see if satalite radio still worked. worked just fine.:happy feet: anyone else still working. i just got #235 and her satalite radio does not work. now 07#235 does work. anyone know the deal.

been over 1 year now, since i bought #209 got in her this morning thought i would see if satalite radio still worked. worked just fine.:happy feet: anyone else still working. i just got #235 and her satalite radio does not work. now 07#235 does work. anyone know the deal.

Almost two years freebie here.

Mine was not in my car when I bought it. They did send me a brand new full specific Shelby kit in the box however. I decided just to leave it in the box. In 30 years it will be like finding a brand new 8-track player in the box today. It has the specific installation instructions for the Hertz Shelby with it to. Not that the installation should be any different than a standard Mustang, but the installation instructions have pictures of the Hertz Shelby and say Shelby GT-H at the top. I did just receive my free Sirius kit from wining one of the Fantasy Auctions on Barrett Jackson Las Vegas, that is going to go in my daily driver '65 Mustang. I guess that I'll have to pay to get that subscription!

Mine was not in my car when I bought it. They did send me a brand new full specific Shelby kit in the box however. I decided just to leave it in the box. In 30 years it will be like finding a brand new 8-track player in the box today. It has the specific installation instructions for the Hertz Shelby with it to. Not that the installation should be any different than a standard Mustang, but the installation instructions have pictures of the Hertz Shelby and say Shelby GT-H at the top. I did just receive my free Sirius kit from wining one of the Fantasy Auctions on Barrett Jackson Las Vegas, that is going to go in my daily driver '65 Mustang. I guess that I'll have to pay to get that subscription!

Who did you contact about your Hertz Sirus Radio, My car also did not have one, I read some where that Hertz removed the radios from the first cars sold and then stopped removing them. I would love to get one also

Who did you contact about your Hertz Sirus Radio, My car also did not have one, I read some where that Hertz removed the radios from the first cars sold and then stopped removing them. I would love to get one also

I'll PM you my final contact with Sirius, but it went through many people at Hertz to finally verify that the system was removed by Hertz and then approval to get a new one. It took a few months of constant work to get it done. I guess there were quite a few cases of dealers removing the system. If that's the case, then there is nothing that Hertz can do. They have to verify that the system was removed by Hertz at Hertz.

• 1 month later...
Mines been working since May of '07.

Mine is still working as well, since Dec, 07.

Randy

Hi Gene,

The Sat. radio quit working in #235 as I was driving it down to Don at Vantage Motors to trade it in on 7H206. Music stopped in the middle of a song, and a message to call Sirius Radio appeared in the screen along with their 800 number.I guess I can't complain, Hertz kept up the subscription for a year and a half. Very nice of them. P.S. I will get that picture I promised to you of the dash Hertz temp. dash plaque.

TomG

• 1 month later...

Archived