TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Seeking/Searching; Shelby GT Brochures, 07+08

JERV

This one has me stumped. I am looking for a copy of each '07 & '08 Shelby GT brochures. Like new condition please. I can't even find any info. that they even exist. Shelby Automobiles, Inc. won't even answer their phone with the two numbers that I have. Can somebody help me with some info. please? If you have either or both for sale, PM or post here please. I can't figure out how to install my email yet. This new-guy stuff is hard. If ONLY I was young.

Thanks, JERV :banghead:

Jerv, I don't think there is one. I've never seen or heard of a brochure on the Shelby GT. Perhaps someone else has? Anyway, welcome to the forum. I assume you have or are looking for a Shelby?

Jim

Thanks for the welome! I am a former of a '66 G.T. 350-H car owner. 4-speed. Black/Gold.

I would like a Vista Convertible or a White '07 SGT. Not quite funded for a purchase just yet.

Nice looking White GT's guys. I'm jelous, in a good way.

Looking for INFORMATION & SALES BROCHURES for '07 & '08 GT cars. How can these cars NOT have literature produced? Not a supplement, thanks. Thanks for any help.

Also I'm a "numbers guy". I'd like to know the whereabouts of 07SGT1446 and 08SGT1446.

JERV

I have this file... not really a brochure, but it is close. I hope this helps.

Jim

First, welcome JERV.

Jim,

Thanks for the link. I've wondered if there was anything out there besides the "Black or White" SGT Ford poster that has been offered up in the forums and on E-Bay. I'm going to print this on photo paper, too. It will be a welcome addition to my SGT photo/scrap album. :happy feet:

Notice the car pictured must be the prototype as it is sporting the GT fender badges instead of the PBF ones.

ERIK

I have this file... not really a brochure, but it is close. I hope this helps.

Jim

That's nice to have!!!

As weas mentioned earlier, there is a 2007 SGT poster that looks pretty nice hanging in my wife's office - poster

That's the poster I was referring to. :happy feet: I have a framed one hanging right behind me at my office here,another framed one over my computer desk at home, and a third in the mailing tube as a spare. Never too many SGt items. Thats what I say :drool:

Thanks for the welome! I am a former of a '66 G.T. 350-H car owner. 4-speed. Black/Gold.

I would like a Vista Convertible or a White '07 SGT. Not quite funded for a purchase just yet.

Nice looking White GT's guys. I'm jelous, in a good way.

Looking for INFORMATION & SALES BROCHURES for '07 & '08 GT cars. How can these cars NOT have literature produced? Not a supplement, thanks. Thanks for any help.

Also I'm a "numbers guy". I'd like to know the whereabouts of 07SGT1446 and 08SGT1446.

JERV

I thought all 1966 GT350-H car's were automatics? Anyone chime in here and correct me if I am wrong?

Quote from a Mustang History site on the net...

In a deal with Shelby American as a dual promotion, Hertz ordered 100 Shelby GT-350"s. The order increased to 200 and then finally 1000 cars were ordered. The "66 GT-350H is also called the Hertz Rent-a-Racer. The GT-350H makes up approximately 42% of all GT-350's built in 1966. The first 200 GT-350H's were built in black with gold stripes with various colors being produced afterwards. Overall, 75% of all GT-350H's have this same paint scheme. The first 85 GT-350H's had manual transmissions, but the last 915 had automatics.

Several sites I found said the same thing.

:salute:

SWEDEMAN,

Here is the short version. Many early '66 G.T. 350-H's were 4 speeds. They got cracked up pretty fast by "renters". So, the famous call was made from HERTZ to Shelby-American. . . "Hey start makin' them Automatic." After about the 300th - 400th car, they made them with Automatic transmissions. There were 936 '66 Hertz cars made.

I converted my car to a "top loader" 4 speed. Nobody ever disliked it after it was converted. There are no numbers on the car stating the transmission type and they did make '66 Hertz cars with 4 speeds. JERV

Jerv or anyone wanting the file (Hero Card) mentioned earlier, check out the link here

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...056&hl=hero

The files were fixed up by Tclark1976 and JeffsHereToo and they are for both Black and White '07's and I believe for VB '08's also. Pg. 3 has the Vista Blue 08's and Pg 4 Has the final version of the white and Pg 5 the final for the Black 07's. They look great on photo paper and sealed in plastic. I printed mine and had them sealed at Office Depot for about a buck per sheet. Great for shows.

Jim

That's the poster I was referring to. :happy feet: I have a framed one hanging right behind me at my office here,another framed one over my computer desk at home, and a third in the mailing tube as a spare. Never too many SGt items. Thats what I say :drool:

Look really close on the white one where the antenna is supposed to be.

Archived