TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR is now Queen of the Road

sudden

After reading how nice and upgraded the 2010 GT 500 is, why would a person buy a KR? The new GT 500 sports a whole list of upgrades inclluding more H.P. similar to the KR. AT a price thousands less, it is a no brainer to buy the SVT product. It is also similar to the SGT with the new 2010 stang sporting a lot of upgrades in H.P. developed by the Shelby product. Now in my thinking the Shelby products at SAI are just a test bed for the up coming model years. Is it worth spending all that extra money just to have Ford put it in prod :doh: uction the next year? Don't know. SUDDEN

After reading how nice and upgraded the 2010 GT 500 is, why would a person buy a KR? The new GT 500 sports a whole list of upgrades inclluding more H.P. similar to the KR. AT a price thousands less, it is a no brainer to buy the SVT product. It is also similar to the SGT with the new 2010 stang sporting a lot of upgrades in H.P. developed by the Shelby product. Now in my thinking the Shelby products at SAI are just a test bed for the up coming model years. Is it worth spending all that extra money just to have Ford put it in prod :doh: uction the next year? Don't know. SUDDEN

I don't believe that SAI does much testing for Ford. Historically Roush has done testing on engines and performance parts including CARB testing and certification.

I would be hard pressed to buy the KR for $30K more...that's an unreasonable price differential for what you get IMO. I could see maybe $15K more.

MY THOUGHTS ON THE KR IS THAT THEY WILL BE COLLECTIBLE, BUT AT THEIR CURRENT PRICE YOU

WILL NEED TO WAIT 30 YEARS BEFORE YOU CAN MAKE YOUR MONEY BACK.

THAT BEING SAID; HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE IN THE MARKET FOR A $ 80, 000 DOLLAR

CAR VERSE IF YOU BUY A SHEBLY GT AT $ 38,000 DOLLARS. THE SHELBY GT HAS A

SHELBY PRODUCTION NUMBER AND WILL BE MUST EASIER TO PURCHASE IN 20-30 YRS.

AND MORE BUYERS WILL BE ABLE TO AFFORD ONE AT 40-50,000 DOLLARS.

THE KR ARE NICE, BUT YOU CAN SAVE $ 40,000 AND GET EXCLUSIVITY AND A SHELBY

PRODUCTION NUMBER IN THE SHELBY GT. IT IS THE SMARTER PURCHASE .

JUST MY $ .02

I cant disagree more. While I may agree that the MSRP is to much for me, the KR will always be the KR. Is the 68 KR now the price of the road?, no. There will always be faster cars comming out (well I hope so anyway) I dont see that as diminishing the value of any of our cars

I cant disagree more. While I may agree that the MSRP is to much for me, the KR will always be the KR. Is the 68 KR now the price of the road?, no. There will always be faster cars comming out (well I hope so anyway) I dont see that as diminishing the value of any of our cars

IMO the very fast car is going to come to a very quick death....within 5 years i would say.

Maybe the KR over the 2010 due to the Mustang's extreme new ugly facial front and rear! The front may grow on you but the rear with those taillights is very unMustang like. The rear looks like the 09 Acura TL :banghead:

Archived