TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The "Wheels" Thread

venom

• 3 weeks later...
Anybody checked into putting on a set of 19" wheels off the 2010 GT500? I'm thinking you could powder coat the centers black and leave the lips polished...

Okay, so American Muscle is releasing the 2010 GT500 wheel in polished with black backgrounds in 18" and 19" and should be released in 6 - 8 weeks. The details are not final yet, but they are saying 8.5" front and 10.0" rears. Fingers crossed for 9.0" and 10.0"...

I've been looking for some aftermarket wheels for some time but haven't really seen what I like yet. The 20" Razors in Chrome look nice but they don't make a wider wheel than 9" for the back.

It'd be nice to make a sticky so everyone can post picks of their rides with custom wheels? That way we don't have to search thousand's of threads just looking for wheel pics!

heres a pic of my wheels,....20x9 w/ nitto 265/35-20 up front and 20x10 w/ nitto drag radials 305/35-20 in the rear. There is still plenty of room in the back to widen the rear wheels which im going to have done once the drag radials are worn out.

I've been looking for some aftermarket wheels for some time but haven't really seen what I like yet. The 20" Razors in Chrome look nice but they don't make a wider wheel than 9" for the back.

It'd be nice to make a sticky so everyone can post picks of their rides with custom wheels? That way we don't have to search thousand's of threads just looking for wheel pics!

heres a pic of my wheels,....20x9 w/ nitto 265/35-20 up front and 20x10 w/ nitto drag radials 305/35-20 in the rear. There is still plenty of room in the back to widen the rear wheels which im going to have done once the drag radials are worn out.

oct_287.JPG

oct_287.JPG

oct_288.JPG

oct_287.JPG

oct_287.JPG

oct_288.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

What about these Steeda Spyder Wheels sold by Lethal Performance. Will these allow us to put some meat to the pavement??

Wheel Stats

Wheel Height 20"

Wheel Width 9.5" or 11"

Finish Black w/Machined Lip

Casting Low Pressure

Hub Bore 70.6 mm

Bolt Pattern 5 x 114.3 mm

Offset 45 mm

They are up to 11." I need a wheels expert to say if this is a better offset than the ss rims. I would like to put some 305's on the rear.

:baby::headscratch:

• 4 weeks later...

Im a new member and new owner of an 07 GT500. The car came with some god awful TSW Mondelos on it in a 19". Part of my deal with the dealership is that I can exchange them for something of equal value at the local Les Schwab, which BTW has a very limited selection.

Im trying to find some pics of Foose Legends on a Gt500, anyone got a pic or run the wheels?

As of this morning my only other option is the Razors, which I like.

What about these Steeda Spyder Wheels sold by Lethal Performance. Will these allow us to put some meat to the pavement??

Wheel Stats

Wheel Height 20"

Wheel Width 9.5" or 11"

Finish Black w/Machined Lip

Casting Low Pressure

Hub Bore 70.6 mm

Bolt Pattern 5 x 114.3 mm

Offset 45 mm

They are up to 11." I need a wheels expert to say if this is a better offset than the ss rims. I would like to put some 305's on the rear.

:baby::headscratch:

X2 I am probably going to get these in the machined finish next month! I love the look plus room for wider tires for trrrrraction!

Question...how "long" should the Nitto 555r's last on average. I am debating on whether to the them for the rears on the 11" wheel. Or just splurge and get the Michelens that will have similar (not as much) traction and will last twice as long. Just a thought.

Scott

Scott, check out the 40th Anniversary forum, I just did 305's on a 11" wheel. The backspace should be no more than 8 and 8 1/4". Offset depends on how far you want the tires sticking out and what size calipers you have. My 40th wheel has a 24mm offset. Also there is good info in the Super Snake forum.

JStang,

can you tell me what brand of tire you are running on those wheels?

Thanks,

Shane

Help me out! I am getting the Steeda Spyder wheels 20x9.5 and 20x11...I don't know what the offset is means...it says 45mm. Will a set of Nitto 555 275/35/20 fit on the 9.5" fronts and will a Nitto 555r 305/35/20 fit on the 11" rears?

Scott

I think so too!! Took me 5 months to find them, finally found a guy who bought a KR and put 20's on right of way and sold me his 18's!! :happy feet:

Here is the KR they are off, it does look hot with the 20's!!

newkr.JPG

They are the 19's. They look great, but the TPMS was a problem. I had a hard time finding bands that would fit, sine the 2010 sensors could not be programmed to work on my car. It cost me another $500 for new bands and sensors on top of the price of the wheels.

I've heard of people taking the TPMS sensors and putting them in a sealed PVC tube pressurized to 35 psi and dropping the whole deal down in the spare tire area. Then you can switch wheels whenever you need to, no problem. Kind of defeats their purpose, but really simplifies future changes...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...