TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The "Wheels" Thread

venom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Havent had a chance to adjust my rear coils or install front springs. It will be lowered a little and then i'll get some good pics. 20x10 20x9 CS40's black with nitto DR's rear and 555's front.

dscf0690.jpg

Shot at 2009-06-05

dscf0689.jpg

Shot with FinePix 3800 at 2009-06-05

dscf0686.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Havent had a chance to adjust my rear coils or install front springs. It will be lowered a little and then i'll get some good pics. 20x10 20x9 CS40's black with nitto DR's rear and 555's front.

dscf0690.jpg

Shot at 2009-06-05

dscf0689.jpg

dscf0686.jpg

I have an 08 GT 500 Performance White Vert and would like these wheels in an 18 inch. I think they look great. Do they come in an 18? I can only find 20s.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hows everything been with those spacers? Im thinkin about some foose wheels but might need a spacer.

These spacers are super thin, only 1/8 inch. I had plenty of thread left to safely tighten the lug nuts. (I think you are supposed to have a minimum of 6 turns, I had 9 or 10 even with the spacers.) If I had needed spacers that were any larger, I would probably would have returned the wheels.

Without the spacers, the wheels just barely grazed the calipers. If you put on a wheel to check whether you need spacers, make sure you take off the retaining clips that hold the rotor on. They are not needed and interfere with aftermarket wheels. I initially forgot to take off one of the clips, and the wheel was hitting the caliper pretty good. However, when I did take off the clip, the wheel fit better and almost cleared the caliper.

Can you provide more information about where you got your OEM rims widened and what that cost?

What were the exact dimensional changes, offset and backspacing?

Did you have any other complications or issues with fit or clearance?

Thanks

I got the wheels widened at Weldcraft Wheels. see the below link, and contact James (James@Weldcraftwheels.com).

http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/index-9.html

I bought 2 extra stock rims from Blue Oval Industries (http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99012897), and had wekdcraft add 1.5 inches. They add the 1.5 inches to the inside so the backspacing and offset are the same as stock.

I did remove the shock boots, because they were barely touching the tire, with them removed there is about a 5/8 inch clearance

There is about 1/2 inch outside clearance from the tire out to the fender.

There is no rubbing with the supension loaded or fully compressed to the bumpstops.....or during driving.....at least not yet.

However....with the suspension hanging (extended)....i.e. when lifting the vehicle by the chassis, the rims do rub on the bumpstop brackets.

On my car with the 11" rims installed....the width between the inside of the left rear rim to the inside of the right rear rim is about 1/16 of inch wider then the width from the outside of the left bumpstop bracket to the outside of the right bumpstop bracket.

I have an adjustable panhard bar and have my suspension about as centered as possible (you can never have it perfectly centered because it doesn't move in perfect linear lines when the suspension is being compressed and extended).....so it only rubs a very little bit on one side.

I am not too concerned about it during driving conditions....because I would have to either drive over a huge cavern or jump my car....neither things that I plan on doing anytime soon. Heck I drive around almost any little pothole.

I hope I explained that well enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone give me some advise...I just bought the saleen dark horse wheels and well they are 20x9 front and 20x10 rear. The offsets are 30mm front and 50mm rear. what size tires can I run with out any hitches with rubbing. I was thinking 255/35 front and 295/35 or 305/35 rear. Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I think that SMS used 305's but not too sure.

Thanks

post-23673-1253746180_thumb.jpg

post-23673-1253746193_thumb.jpg

post-23673-1253746211_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...