TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally tested her out

shelbytexan

I went to Lucky's Rod Run in Bryan,Texas Sunday. On the way home i stopped to get a bite to eat.When pulling out on the hiway i saw a '55' Chevy go by.I pulled behind the Chevy on a 6 lane hiway. At the next red light i pulled along side the Chevy.The car had a pretty good lope to it so i knew it had more than just a little 265 V-8.The guy started reving his engine but i thought nothing of it.I was looking straight ahead when the light turned green.The '55' lurched forward so i knew he wanted to show off his car.The car looked pretty stock except the motor.Anyway i decided i couldn't embarress my fellow team members so i did what i felt anyone else with a Shelby would do s/c or not.In my case it was 'NOT'. After he got about a car length ahead of me i floored it.Well the race was on.I Was focused on nothing but the tach.At about 5800 rpm's i shifted out of 1st.When i hit second i realized this guys got a pretty potent car. I was now thinking i should have been paying more attention to this guys intentions at the red light.I could just see it now this guy telling all his buddy's he beat a Shelby.Well as i was climbing through 2nd to about 5800 rpm's again i could see i was gaining on him rapidly. When i hit 3rd it was bye-bye .I actually got only to about 80 or 85 and the chevy fell in line with no story's to tell his buddy's. I kind of wondered how he liked by sequencials as i showed them to him for the next few miles. I guess he had enough because he never came up beside me for the next few lights we had together. I don't know if it was my Brenspeed tune,Shorty Headers or aluminum dr. shaft or a combination there of but this is my first encounter with someone at a red light and i have had this car nearly 2 years. I believe it was CHIP Beck who said with a supercharger you can get it over with quickly and cut way down on the risk. If i had a 410 gear then it would have been over with more quickly.Well i guess i'll have to find out. Maybe a cam also. Strange,but on my way to the rod-run i stopped at Mcdonald's and on my way out a young man said to me does driving your car make you feel young.If it didn't make me feel young again i wouldn't have it.

I went to Lucky's Rod Run in Bryan,Texas Sunday. On the way home i stopped to get a bite to eat.When pulling out on the hiway i saw a '55' Chevy go by.I pulled behind the Chevy on a 6 lane hiway. At the next red light i pulled along side the Chevy.The car had a pretty good lope to it so i knew it had more than just a little 265 V-8.The guy started reving his engine but i thought nothing of it.I was looking straight ahead when the light turned green.The '55' lurched forward so i knew he wanted to show off his car.The car looked pretty stock except the motor.Anyway i decided i couldn't embarress my fellow team members so i did what i felt anyone else with a Shelby would do s/c or not.In my case it was 'NOT'. After he got about a car length ahead of me i floored it.Well the race was on.I Was focused on nothing but the tach.At about 5800 rpm's i shifted out of 1st.When i hit second i realized this guys got a pretty potent car. I was now thinking i should have been paying more attention to this guys intentions at the red light.I could just see it now this guy telling all his buddy's he beat a Shelby.Well as i was climbing through 2nd to about 5800 rpm's again i could see i was gaining on him rapidly. When i hit 3rd it was bye-bye .I actually got only to about 80 or 85 and the chevy fell in line with no story's to tell his buddy's. I kind of wondered how he liked by sequencials as i showed them to him for the next few miles. I guess he had enough because he never came up beside me for the next few lights we had together. I don't know if it was my Brenspeed tune,Shorty Headers or aluminum dr. shaft or a combination there of but this is my first encounter with someone at a red light and i have had this car nearly 2 years. I believe it was CHIP Beck who said with a supercharger you can get it over with quickly and cut way down on the risk. If i had a 410 gear then it would have been over with more quickly.Well i guess i'll have to find out. Maybe a cam also. Strange,but on my way to the rod-run i stopped at Mcdonald's and on my way out a young man said to me does driving your car make you feel young.If it didn't make me feel young again i wouldn't have it.

:hysterical: The cool part about getting old is staying happy...right on, great story....love tri-5 Chevs.

Archived