TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Major stress.

ChipBeck

Gentlemen,

Events of the last 48 hours have been most distressing and preclude my participation in this Thursday's Shelby Bash in Las Vegas. My father's health has been in a slow decline for many months and he is really struggling now. No longer conscious or able to communicate, his doctors have told me that he will probably pass away before the end of the month. My dad is Bud Beck and from 1968 until 1988 he was the Pontiac-GMC Truck dealer here in Scottsdale, Arizona. My mother was going to tend to him in my absence for a few days though she hasn't been feeling real well. New test results on my mom indicate she has severe heart problems and at 7:30 tomorrow morning I am taking her to the Arizona Heart Institute where she will undergo a fairly risky open-heart surgery to correct both a valve failure and severe blockage. Good grief.

There are Shelby GT owners from all over the United States that I was looking forward to meeting for the first time. Mac was to drive my Shelby GT/SC to put together a supercharger comparison. And I was going to bring along several of Heaths hood scoops for members to look at and/or purchase. Most of all, I was looking forward to letting my Shelby GT/SC wail on the GT500s during the track sessions. When I was last up at Shelby's facility a couple months ago during the Ford GT rally, Carroll was not feeling well and could not attend so his wife came in his place. I was looking forward to chatting with Mr. Shelby for a few minutes as well.

My apologies to those members I was to meet with. If any of you come down here for the Barrett-Jackson auction, perhaps we could meet briefly then. All the best.

Chip

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to hear the bad news. I'll say a prayer for ya.

Same here! Family first...I know what you're going through as I have / are dealing with similar issues.

Chip,

Sorry to hear about your parents, hope everything turns out OK. Take care of family first, the cars will still be there and there will be another time for your Shelby friends.

We'll keep you and your family in our prayers, Don

Gentlemen,

Events of the last 48 hours have been most distressing and preclude my participation in this Thursday's Shelby Bash in Las Vegas. My father's health has been in a slow decline for many months and he is really struggling now. No longer conscious or able to communicate, his doctors have told me that he will probably pass away before the end of the month. My dad is Bud Beck and from 1968 until 1988 he was the Pontiac-GMC Truck dealer here in Scottsdale, Arizona. My mother was going to tend to him in my absence for a few days though she hasn't been feeling real well. New test results on my mom indicate she has severe heart problems and at 7:30 tomorrow morning I am taking her to the Arizona Heart Institute where she will undergo a fairly risky open-heart surgery to correct both a valve failure and severe blockage. Good grief.

There are Shelby GT owners from all over the United States that I was looking forward to meeting for the first time. Mac was to drive my Shelby GT/SC to put together a supercharger comparison. And I was going to bring along several of Heaths hood scoops for members to look at and/or purchase. Most of all, I was looking forward to letting my Shelby GT/SC wail on the GT500s during the track sessions. When I was last up at Shelby's facility a couple months ago during the Ford GT rally, Carroll was not feeling well and could not attend so his wife came in his place. I was looking forward to chatting with Mr. Shelby for a few minutes as well.

My apologies to those members I was to meet with. If any of you come down here for the Barrett-Jackson auction, perhaps we could meet briefly then. All the best.

Chip

Looks like we have something in common besides our Shelby's...

I too will be unable to attend to do my Mom's health taking a turn for the worse. She has Terminal Cancer and up until the last 2 days she was not good and anyone else who has had family in this condition you understand what not good really means. I have waited and waited until the last second whether to attend or not but could not see myself coming and leaving my 08 GT/SC at home as its too late to bring it. Yes, there is always next year but my Mom's condition has proven there may not be a next year so this has really frustrated me big time. Anything can happen so never put off what you want to do now...

Have fun guys

Hey Chip,

My thoughts and prayers go out to your Mom, Dad, you and your family. Family comes first - most important for sure.

Take care of your Mom and Dad - spend time with them now. Trust me - I wish I had spent some more time with my parents before they passed. Cant go back and change things though.

Do what you can for your Mom and Dad while you have them, and continously think good and positive thoughts.

Take Care

Page

You have my prayers, too. I went thru the same thing 3 years ago. I'm sure all of us fully understand nothing is more important than family. There will be other Shelby events for you.

ERIK

Utah

07SGT2940

My prayers go out to you Chip and you 39Mustang. I know what you are going through and it sucks. I too am going through these times. On Thursday I will be at my best friends Granma's funeral. She was my Grandma growing up. She had pneumonia for a couple of weeks and never regained consiousness. She passed on Saturday and she will be missed. Again my prayers go out to you guys and always remember to celebrate a passed loved ones life instead of mourning it.

Archived