TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My GT-H is now my (Temporary) daily driver!

Evening all, Happy New Year!

So finally, after 4 months I sold my truck, my 2007 Nissan Titan 4x4 daily driver! So my daily driver is now my GT-H! Or at least for the next few months until I save up a few $$ to buy a cheap little reliable and economical run around just for the work commute..

It's kind of bitter sweet.. I was sad to see my truck go though also relieved from a financial point of view but then super excited to drive my Shelby as I rarely drive it (other than the occassional weekend trip out even though I do live in sunny San Diego) however that said driving my Shelby today 20 miles each way in San Diego rush hour traffic to and from work was an uneasy feeling!

Up until now she's lived a pampered life in my garage, under a car cover, hooked up to a battery tender!!! lol

It's a tough life but I guess i'll just have to deal with driving it every day...... :)

So finally, after 4 months I sold my truck, my 2007 Nissan Titan 4x4 daily driver! So my daily driver is now my GT-H! Or at least for the next few months until I save up a few $$ to buy a cheap little reliable and economical run around just for the work commute..

It's kind of bitter sweet.. I was sad to see my truck go though also relieved from a financial point of view but then super excited to drive my Shelby as I rarely drive it (other than the occassional weekend trip out even though I do live in sunny San Diego) however that said driving my Shelby today 20 miles each way in San Diego rush hour traffic to and from work was an uneasy feeling!

Up until now she's lived a pampered life in my garage, under a car cover, hooked up to a battery tender!!! lol

It's a tough life but I guess i'll just have to deal with driving it every day...... :)

Congratulations!! Welcome! Life is more amusing driving fun cars....

You know, on the other hand, life is short and the flip side of this is you're getting time in your car and thankfully you're in southern CA! I drive my SGT a few days a week to work. After 17 months of ownership I have 13,000 miles on it. I've enjoyed it and that's why I bought it. :shift: I've already figured it's unlikely it will be worth anything substantial in my lifetime so why not! I want some guy 60 years from now bitching me out as the original owner that drove it too much! :happy feet:

You know, on the other hand, life is short and the flip side of this is you're getting time in your car and thankfully you're in southern CA! I drive my SGT a few days a week to work. After 17 months of ownership I have 13,000 miles on it. I've enjoyed it and that's why I bought it. :shift: I've already figured it's unlikely it will be worth anything substantial in my lifetime so why not! I want some guy 60 years from now bitching me out as the original owner that drove it too much! :happy feet:

You know Jeff the thing that amazes me about you is how you still can keep winning trophies while still driving the heck out of your car, that is seriously cool... :happy feet:

You probably do not have kids do you? :hysterical:

Cheers!

Your in San Diego! Enjoy life.... I live in Tierrasanta, I drive my SGT every day! I love the looks I get and the general feeling in the car.

Check out wickedstangs website (if you haven't already) its a real active group here in SD....

Yap!!!!

Another memeber of the Daily Driver Club. :happy feet: :happy feet:

You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner

Mine is my daily driver. I get a lot of comments from people that say it should be garaged. My response is that I will drive it until the wheels fall off and it needs another engine. I plan on dieing a happy man knowing I squeezed every ounce of fun out of my Shelby.

My buddies dad left him a garage queen which he in turn will leave to his son. The car will go through 3 generations and currently has less then 5000 miles. I understand that's what makes them happy.

For me it's a thrill to drive my baby every single day. No matter where I go it's like a mini car show for anyone who appreciates rides like ours. I truly get a thrill by watching the reactions of other car enthusiast. I was late to work yesterday morning because someone in the parking lot had to know the who, what, and where concerning my car.

My buddies dad left him a garage queen which he in turn will leave to his son. The car will go through 3 generations and currently has less then 5000 miles. I understand that's what makes them happy.

For me it's a thrill to drive my baby every single day. No matter where I go it's like a mini car show for anyone who appreciates rides like ours. I truly get a thrill by watching the reactions of other car enthusiast. I was late to work yesterday morning because someone in the parking lot had to know the who, what, and where concerning my car.

+1....why sacrifice the pleasure of driving the car so some $@^%@! can sell it for a high price at an auction after your dead!

Forget that!

:shift:

Well living in New England kills the chance of making this a Daily Driver. Even when it is nice out I have 3 year old twin boys so it is not even a driven when ever they are involved. Mine is a toy, not because I expect it to be worth something down the road, just because of the circumstances. If I lived down south my Daily Driver would be a Porsche and this would still be my toy. Unfortunately that is not the case so we are stuck with an Expedition, Accord, and Shelby GT. I envy those that can drive her all year round.

Archived