TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS Take off parts shipping info

My SS is nearing completion (I hope) and I was told at my drop-off (11/24/08) that I am responsible to have parts picked up and shipped. SAI will have it 'packaged', but no longer deals with shipping options, etc. I have not called any shipping companies yet to address this and am wondering what others have done. I will be driving the car home to So CA. What companies have people used? Costs? How far in advance did you schedule? Basically, does any one have any info to help me before I start cold calling shippers?

Thanx in advance for any info!

My SS is nearing completion (I hope) and I was told at my drop-off (11/24/08) that I am responsible to have parts picked up and shipped. SAI will have it 'packaged', but no longer deals with shipping options, etc. I have not called any shipping companies yet to address this and am wondering what others have done. I will be driving the car home to So CA. What companies have people used? Costs? How far in advance did you schedule? Basically, does any one have any info to help me before I start cold calling shippers?

Thanx in advance for any info!

One option is to have a buddy drive you there in a full size pick-up. I think you can fit it all. Then you have a moving parts store for the ride home if anything breaks. Just an idea.

You should be able to put everything is the bed of a truck. Might have to put some parts in the SS and some parts in the cab of the truck, but I think will all fit.

Thats going to be the cheapest. I think I used FEDEX, but its been almost a year and I cant remember what I had for lunch today

MM

I brought a buddy and we had all the parts in the bed of my truck. Had to remove the hood from its box and place it on top of the other parts box on the inside. Worked good. If you do this I would recommend a tarp or somthing like that for the box as it started to get pretty tore up from all of the wind on it.

You live close enough to Las Vegas that I would consider bringing the car home and then renting a small U-Haul box truck to make a second trip out a week or so later and bring the stuff home yourself. The other option might be to rent a U-haul truck and one of their auto trailers at the sametime and bring everything home at once.

The first idea may not be the most efficent way to go, but it's another option to consider if you don't have easy access to a pickup truck or don't want to spend the money on a truck and trailer at the sametime.

BTW, although Bud and Adrienne will pound this into your head on the day you are picking up your car, be sure to follow their instructions about breaking the differental gears in on the way home.

Thanx, starting to think a return trip for pickup would be best. I could even rent a trailer and use my Suburban. Another trip to Vegas too! For those that did ship, is $600+ the right guesstimate??

Enis, finally saw the Super Cars Exposed episode tonight. Very cool.

Talked to Bud today. I'm in the mod shop, its getting close. I cannot wait to get this bad boy home!!

Thanx, starting to think a return trip for pickup would be best. I could even rent a trailer and use my Suburban. Another trip to Vegas too! For those that did ship, is $600+ the right guesstimate??

Enis, finally saw the Super Cars Exposed episode tonight. Very cool.

Talked to Bud today. I'm in the mod shop, its getting close. I cannot wait to get this bad boy home!!

I paid the car hauler $200 to bring me my takeoff parts along with my car that they transported from Tasca in RI to home in NC for $1000

Archived