TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Leaving Iraq

Well I am completing my 15 month tour and starting my journey back home. Thank you Shelby Auto's for alloting a number of 2008 Shelby GTs to military car sales. I purchased my SGT while over here and it gave me something to look forward while I have been deployed and a brief amount of exhileration during my R&R leave. Thank you everyone from Team Shelby for all the support from back home. TS was a life-line for me. To everyone else still deployed, may your tours be successful, safe and have you back home with family and friends soon. I look forward to meeting you guys face to face down the road.

all the best,

Erich

Thank you all very much. I have arrived in Kuwait and should be departing for home in a day or two. Interestingly, we had Texas Governer Rick Perry join us on the C-130 flight from Baghdad to Kuwait City. He was visiting troops deployed from Texas based units. It feels like a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders already. I have to go through Fort Benning, GA and Fort Bragg, NC and then to my home station, Fort Detrick, MD. I hope to be home with family within a week.

Thank you all very much. I have arrived in Kuwait and should be departing for home in a day or two. Interestingly, we had Texas Governer Rick Perry join us on the C-130 flight from Baghdad to Kuwait City. He was visiting troops deployed from Texas based units. It feels like a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders already. I have to go through Fort Benning, GA and Fort Bragg, NC and then to my home station, Fort Detrick, MD. I hope to be home with family within a week.

Geez! You aren't home yet? I thought the military moved quicker than that! Would you like me to make a call? :hysterical:

Yea Erich! 15 months is a loooong time. God bless you and all those that have sacrificed so much time away from home.

I was only there for 4 and that was long enough. I remember when I passed through Kuwait on my way home...I was talking on the phone at the MWR call center and looked up and said "wow, look at that. A finished ceiling." (I was on the USAF side of the base ;) )

It's those little things you miss. Like greenery, no dust, your bed, your Shelby.

Welcome home brother.

Well I am completing my 15 month tour and starting my journey back home. Thank you Shelby Auto's for alloting a number of 2008 Shelby GTs to military car sales. I purchased my SGT while over here and it gave me something to look forward while I have been deployed and a brief amount of exhileration during my R&R leave. Thank you everyone from Team Shelby for all the support from back home. TS was a life-line for me. To everyone else still deployed, may your tours be successful, safe and have you back home with family and friends soon. I look forward to meeting you guys face to face down the road.

all the best,

Erich

Thanks for your service and to everyone else here who has served. Flog that Shelby! and if you get a ticket, tell the officer where you just came from. He'll let you off.

I am home! Made it in a few hours ago (2 AM eastern). :happy feet: I am upside down on Iraq time, wide awake.

THANK YOU ALL.

I am exhausted from the "hurry up and wait" for the last 6 days and as we affectionately call it, "the duffle bag drag". :)

Welcome home! :happy feet:

Archived