TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need some info....

ELITE 1

Can someone show me a picture if what the keyless entry remote looks like? Does the Shelby GT500 have auto on headlights when it gets dark? Also, can the running horse on the windshield be removed, I would like to replace it with something else, just wondering. Thanks in advance for any info.

Can someone show me a picture if what the keyless entry remote looks like? Does the Shelby GT500 have auto on headlights when it gets dark? Also, can the running horse on the windshield be removed, I would like to replace it with something else, just wondering. Thanks in advance for any info.

This is what the remote looks like on my wifes 2007 GT/CS.

The head lights are not auto. The pony is part of the windshield and can't be removed.

What is cool, if you press and hold the unlock button on the remote for about 5 sec. The windows roll down. :happy feet:

Sweet, I can't wait to try that when I get my Shelby.

Welcome to the land of "Why the hell didn't they do THAT!!??"

Cons:

Power seat only on one side

No heated seats

No defrost capability on mirrors (Chicago weather sucks)

No nav (until Gen 2)

No steering wheel audio controls

1969 Road Runner materials used on interior doors (hard plastic like a rental car)

No auto on/off for lights

No Homelink in mirror (but a nifty compass like anyone gives a hoot)

No power recline on any seats

No lumbar on passenger seat

Dipstick style and location that can virtually assure that you'll get SOME oil somewhere when you check it

Prop rod for the hood

Pros:

You don't need any of that stuff to be a boulevard bruiser.

Where the money went:

post-2868-1162133582_thumb.jpg

:shift:

bj

Welcome to the land of "Why the hell didn't they do THAT!!??"

Cons:

Power seat only on one side

No heated seats

No defrost capability on mirrors (Chicago weather sucks)

No nav (until Gen 2)

No steering wheel audio controls

1969 Road Runner materials used on interior doors (hard plastic like a rental car)

No auto on/off for lights

No Homelink in mirror (but a nifty compass like anyone gives a hoot)

No power recline on any seats

No lumbar on passenger seat

Dipstick style and location that can virtually assure that you'll get SOME oil somewhere when you check it

Prop rod for the hood

Pros:

You don't need any of that stuff to be a boulevard bruiser.

Where the money went:

:shift:

bj

What brand of axle backs do you have on yours?

What brand of axle backs do you have on yours?

Ford Racing. The round ones. Borla makes them. You know...the ones Ford Performance says aren't "engineered" for this car. :hysterical:

I was....I think...something like the 2nd or 3rd owner to haev these installed. Never fails to get an "Oh, my God!". They don't make horsepower (about 3) but they extra flow will help with the CAI and tune. I did those yesterday and will get it dyno'd next week. I'm guessing somewhere around 500 at the wheels. I'll post up.

bj

BTW...yes, the mufflers "drone" between 1800 and 2000 rpms...right around 65-70 mph. If I MUST keep it there, I kick it up to 5th. I've seen no more than .5 mpg loss. I am installing a set of 3.73s soon. Bumps it up 260rpm in 6th...just enough to get out of the "drone zone" and better driveability.

I looked and listened to Corsa. Quieter. Didn't like any of the tips. I like the big honking rolled and polished tips that say "Ford Racing" on them.

Archived