TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Merchandise for Shelby GT

ilmor

I'm looking through the Shelby Official Licensed Merchandise catalog tonight, which I recieved in the mail. The lack of Shelby GT specific items is surprising. There's a bunch of new Terlingua stuff, but there are many more Shelby GT's on the road (and always will be, I would think) so one would think that there would be many more Shelby GT items.

Yeah, one would think that with around 10,000 units on the road, there would be a little more interest in giving something that appeals to us, but I guess we're the step children of SAI...even though we laid out a bunch of bucks for our cars too...maybe not as much as some of the GT500 guys upgrading theirs to SS and KR models, but then again, what have we been offered as an upgrade package??? Gee, NOTHING!!!!

Its very strange how SAI cannot see the potential profits here.

+1

To be fair, we do have the following specific items;

The GT/SC option

The "faux" gas cap

New, improved hood scoop

Dead pedal

Hat

2 "t" shirts

Leather jacket

Key fob

Coffee Cup

Banners

Various die-cast models

License plate frame

Floor mats

3 Posters

The GT/SC option

The "faux" gas cap

New, improved hood scoop

Dead pedal

Hat

2 "t" shirts

Leather jacket

Key fob

Coffee Cup

Banners

Various die-cast models

License plate frame

Floor mats

3 Posters

...and they're all on back order. :hysterical:

The GT/SC option

The "faux" gas cap

New, improved hood scoop

Dead pedal

Hat

2 "t" shirts

Leather jacket

Key fob

Coffee Cup

Banners

Various die-cast models

License plate frame

Floor mats

3 Posters

Puzzled about issue date on your catalog. My Winter 2008 copy does not show a Leather Jacket with GT detail. I would opt for one for Spring wear as I have lost hope on the TS Coat Sharon teased us with months ago.

DrKSGT

Yeah, it's unfortunate. I've purchased just about everything, some things twice, one to use one to keep, and would love nothing more than to give SAI more of my $$$$ but things have been slow coming these last two years for sure.

With the Faux gas cap we now have a unified cobra brand icon and I hope to see SAI leverage it more going forward such as with the engine dress-up kit.

I don't think we need more "SHELBY" stuff that sits 3" away from another "SHELBY" item, but a nice ball cap, t shirts, sweatshirts, spring and winter coats, would be welcome! They should also start to be consistent with overall look. That means every item comes, white/silver, black/silver, blue/silver, orange/silver, and black and red, with deals to collect all 5! :-)

Getting custom monograming of a CSM# would also be a welcome up-charge.

Just a few ideas...

-jeff

Yeah, it's unfortunate. I've purchased just about everything, some things twice, one to use one to keep, and would love nothing more than to give SAI more of my $$$$ but things have been slow coming these last two years for sure.

With the Faux gas cap we now have a unified cobra brand icon and I hope to see SAI leverage it more going forward such as with the engine dress-up kit.

I don't think we need more "SHELBY" stuff that sits 3" away from another "SHELBY" item, but a nice ball cap, t shirts, sweatshirts, spring and winter coats, would be welcome! They should also start to be consistent with overall look. That means every item comes, white/silver, black/silver, blue/silver, orange/silver, and black and red, with deals to collect all 5! :-)

Getting custom monograming of a CSM# would also be a welcome up-charge.

Just a few ideas...

-jeff

Nice.

And make the CS logo available, not just snakes.

Ahem...cough....

Just my two cents.

Jer

Puzzled about issue date on your catalog. My Winter 2008 copy does not show a Leather Jacket with GT detail. I would opt for one for Spring wear as I have lost hope on the TS Coat Sharon teased us with months ago.

DrKSGT

Sorry, I did not mean to imply that all of the items I listed were in the catalog; just that they have been available to us at one point.

I don't think SAI is done producing support items for the SGT. I am certain we will see more in the future. We might be a a bit of a low spot at the moment and we may never see as much in one year, but even that makes a little sense as I am sure SAI is going to focus on support items for newer products as those come on line. As an example: I don't see a ton of new stuff created around, say the Shelby gt350 from the 60's... But I do see support for the Terlingua cars, I wonder what we will see for the new 2010 models. My point: the 60's GT350 The SGT and GT-H are now retired models (retired as of now, but certainly not forgotten or recognized). Personally I feel that there were many things offered in 2007 and 2008 to support the SGT. Minus the hood scoop problems I don't think that SAI feels anything but pride in the work and support that has gone into the SGT.

Never in my dealings with SAI staff have I ever felt that I was looked on as lowly SGT owner or anything like that! In fact my experiences at Shelby events or whatever with my SGT have been quite positive. Amy herself recognizes that the SGT and GT-H are the first SAI built cars on location by Shelby employees in 40 years! We are part of the new chapter in the legacy of the Shelby story. Be proud, go out and drive your car or hug your car- whatever you have to do! It's a GREAT time to be alive an to participate in this history. I have the car, and I have the experience, I don't need a shirt to say I have been there done that... though they are a nice add on! LOL My real point is that, it's not accurate to say that SAI doesn't care about the SGT, it's owners, or take pride in what they do. They are a company just like any other and that means things sometimes go wrong, things don't always happen the way you like or want them to, but they do try and they certainly do care for us as fans, customers, and participants in the legacy.

I leave for Vegas on Wed to participate in the Shelby Vegas bash for Carrolls 86th B-day. I will give you a report when I return of how I was treated in my black 07 SGT in comparison to the other Shelby car owners... I predict already, that my report will be that everyone had a BLAST and that SAI loves all the Shelby cars and the owners the same. my 25 cents.

I don't think SAI is done producing support items for the SGT. I am certain we will see more in the future. We might be a a bit of a low spot at the moment and we may never see as much in one year, but even that makes a little sense as I am sure SAI is going to focus on support items for newer products as those come on line. As an example: I don't see a ton of new stuff created around, say the Shelby gt350 from the 60's... But I do see support for the Terlingua cars, I wonder what we will see for the new 2010 models. My point: the 60's GT350 The SGT and GT-H are now retired models (retired as of now, but certainly not forgotten or recognized). Personally I feel that there were many things offered in 2007 and 2008 to support the SGT. Minus the hood scoop problems I don't think that SAI feels anything but pride in the work and support that has gone into the SGT.

Never in my dealings with SAI staff have I ever felt that I was looked on as lowly SGT owner or anything like that! In fact my experiences at Shelby events or whatever with my SGT have been quite positive. Amy herself recognizes that the SGT and GT-H are the first SAI built cars on location by Shelby employees in 40 years! We are part of the new chapter in the legacy of the Shelby story. Be proud, go out and drive your car or hug your car- whatever you have to do! It's a GREAT time to be alive an to participate in this history. I have the car, and I have the experience, I don't need a shirt to say I have been there done that... though they are a nice add on! LOL My real point is that, it's not accurate to say that SAI doesn't care about the SGT, it's owners, or take pride in what they do. They are a company just like any other and that means things sometimes go wrong, things don't always happen the way you like or want them to, but they do try and they certainly do care for us as fans, customers, and participants in the legacy.

I leave for Vegas on Wed to participate in the Shelby Vegas bash for Carrolls 86th B-day. I will give you a report when I return of how I was treated in my black 07 SGT in comparison to the other Shelby car owners... I predict already, that my report will be that everyone had a BLAST and that SAI loves all the Shelby cars and the owners the same. my 25 cents.

I concur.

Glenn

Zach,

Have fun in Vegas. Wish I could go.

Scoop issues aside, I like to think that the SGT is Shelby's little secret. The fact that the car was not marketed better just adds to the mystique. I don't know how many times I have been figured for a painted up black Mustang GT at cruise nights and shows. "I've heard of these cars, but never seen one." is probably the number one comment I get. This just gives me an opportunity to explain that we ARE the first true Shelby Mustang produced by SAI in 40 years. We are not the mass produced 500 hp car lots of people think we are. From 2006-2008, we are less than 10,000 strong. The dash plaque with The Man's signature, CSM # and Las Vegas proves it. I had a new GT500 owner ask me why the dealer left the plaque off of his car!

I am very proud and passionate about owning my SGT. I know there is a limited market for SGT apparel but I wish there was more available. I, too, have never felt slighted when dealing with anybody at SAI or Shelby Performance Parts in person or over th phone. They respect all Shelby owners, no matter what we drive. Quality treatment from a quality company.

Enjoy Vegas while I'm back home dealing with our snow.

Archived