TEAM SHELBY FORUM

4.6 crate Hot Rod Engine

I bet with LTHs, big exhaust, CNC heads, intake box & tube from the 2010 GT (when available), bigger TB, and a proper tune it'll make in the vicinity of 360-370 at the wheels.

The 2010 GT intake box/tube is very low restriction according to Ford personnel who have commented that the aftermarket will be hard-pressed to improve on it ...interesting statement, imo. Maybe it's a sort of "please don't throw me in the briar patch" thing? ;)

Dunno if it already has the CNC heads at that price. If so I think it's a steal! I thought it was just a production 3V with the hot-rod cams, special calibration and the controls to simplify the install in customs and rods, etc (an area where GM has been eating Ford's lunch for decades, unfortunately. I just abhor gorgeous '32 Ford rods and such with small-block bowties in 'em!! :barf: Sacrilege, I say! ;)).

68; you are probably correct re the heads. It probably does not have the CNC heads. If we have 319 and the cam adds (per Ford) 25 RWHP that would make it about 350 Flywheel HP. Nice to know we have options if someone puts a rod through the side of the block. I wonder if the low restriction CAI for 2010 will fit the 2007 SGT?

68; you are probably correct re the heads. It probably does not have the CNC heads. If we have 319 and the cam adds (per Ford) 25 RWHP that would make it about 350 Flywheel HP. Nice to know we have options if someone puts a rod through the side of the block. I wonder if the low restriction CAI for 2010 will fit the 2007 SGT?

Dunno if it will fit but since the engine compartment reportedly didn't change for '10MY, I thought I'd toss the possibility out ...might depend on where the box actually draws it's air from. The 2010 GT500 changes that (grille, not wheelwell) but dunno if the GT does or not.

The SGT is actually 325crank HP anyway so your logic is right-on, I think. If I recall it was rated at 319 from what I'd heard because the day of the SAE certification there was some minor glitch and having the cert re-schedulled just wasn't tenable given the announcement was already planned for the SEMA show, so they just decided to claim the 319crank ...dyno pulls seem to bear that out too.

Archived