TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shaker 1000

QuadRacer041

Michael is right. On the 07 models they started putting 1000s in cars but had issues with how they were mounted so they put them on hold. They started making them again in the Job 1 release date around December 1st. I changed my order on my car as soon as I heard they were offering again and my order was pulled a few days later. Now I have a boat anchor in my trunk :lol:

I had an early deposit on a very early 07 vert...I was called and told if I kept the 1000 on my wish list (there was no ordering, just what came in) I would be waiting a while) I'm glad I got the 500....JL Audio makes a sub for the vert that blows the 1000s sub out of the water and looks great.

I'm going to replace the head with a Pioneer touch screen, as well as all the front speakers.

I had an early deposit on a very early 07 vert...I was called and told if I kept the 1000 on my wish list (there was no ordering, just what came in) I would be waiting a while) I'm glad I got the 500....JL Audio makes a sub for the vert that blows the 1000s sub out of the water and looks great.

I'm going to replace the head with a Pioneer touch screen, as well as all the front speakers.

Sounds good, you have anymore info on the JL audio box? What size sub's etc..... What about an amp? I thought part of the 1000 system was 1000 watts of power.

How hard would it be to add an amp to the system? Would the car happen to be pre wired for a 1000 where I can just connect to some power hareness in the truck?

Here are the stats on the JL box. It's runs about $1000.

Details:

* Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer

* sealed fiberglass enclosure

* W6v2 13.5" 4-ohm DVC subwoofer wired for 2-ohm mono

* steel-mesh grille included

* fits in the passenger side rear corner of the trunk

* power handling: 250-750 watts RMS (1,500 watts peak power)

* warranty: 2 years

h13694255-f_2.jpeg

h13694255-o_1.jpeg

Here are the stats on the JL box. It's runs about $1000.

Details:

* Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer

* sealed fiberglass enclosure

* W6v2 13.5" 4-ohm DVC subwoofer wired for 2-ohm mono

* steel-mesh grille included

* fits in the passenger side rear corner of the trunk

* power handling: 250-750 watts RMS (1,500 watts peak power)

* warranty: 2 years

h13694255-f_2.jpeg

h13694255-o_1.jpeg

So this still needs an Amp? If so that's alot of dough.

Yes it does still need an amp, but the quality and fit and finish are superb. MTX and Rockford make a powered sub. It's just not as attractive....LOL like I need it to look good in the trunk... :banghead:

mtxsubboxandamp.jpg

rockford-Fosgate-Subwoofer.jpg

Archived