TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT upskirt

During the holidays it was time to change the oil so I took some photo's while car on the lift. I've got some surface rust on the axle hsg so looks like one of my winter projects. Thought some might like to see these. Craig

Thanks for the pics, wish i could see mine since they say the verts don't have blue sway bars :headscratch: .

During the holidays it was time to change the oil so I took some photo's while car on the lift. I've got some surface rust on the axle hsg so looks like one of my winter projects. Thought some might like to see these. Craig

Craig,

Likely the underside our SGTs looks the same.

Espically those of us with climates that include rain.

:headscratch: Curious what is your plan of attack is for the surface rust?

Lg

Thanks for the pics, wish i could see mine since they say the verts don't have blue sway bars :headscratch: .

The 2008 Shelby GT convertible has blue sway bars. I'll have to dig up the info, but I believe that the 2007 Shelby GT-H convertibles did not have the FRPP suspension upgrade.

post-10226-1230983974_thumb.jpg

post-10226-1230983974_thumb.jpg

Craig,

Likely the underside our SGTs looks the same.

Espically those of us with climates that include rain.

:headscratch: Curious what is your plan of attack is for the surface rust?

Lg

Lg,

I'll start by doing a search on TS as GT500 folks have had similiar problems. I think the general concensious for rust is probably going to be PORS15. Also, I have used RustMor on a 67 project car that is great for surface rust such as this. It chemically treats the rust somehow. You just wipe on and let it dry for 24 hours then you can sand/refinish with whatever you decide to use. Probably the hardest part will be masking off the underside from overspray if aerosol is used. I believe PORS15 can be brushed applied, but I tend to think brushes are for houses and not cars. JMO. Eastwood also carries a lot of good products for rust treatment as well. Craig

The 2008 Shelby GT convertible has blue sway bars. I'll have to dig up the info, but I believe that the 2007 Shelby GT-H convertibles did not have the FRPP suspension upgrade.

Oh ok, good to know. I need to ask to see her up on the lift during the next oil change, which might be awhile since i only have 3,100 miles on her.

Archived