TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Shelby GT 500 has 515 HP

1970boss302

I read from an article that the 2009 Shelby GT 500 will have increased power

the engine will have 515 HP

Looks like those who wait will have the pick of the litter if Ford continues

to produce Shelby GT500's. Thaose people payinf $15 to 20 thousand over MSRP

are getting ripped and may not see any return on investment.

Good things come to them that wait !!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Oct 28 2006, 09:19 AM) 53623[/snapback]

Big deal - 15 hp! I'd rather have 500 hp in a 2007 with 2 years of memories and experiences enjoying the GT500 between now and 2009, then wait until 2009 for a paltry 15 hp bump.

Exactly 15 hp...Geez....tune will get your past that now.... :baby:

I think there is no doubt that the 2009 GT500 will see improvements over the 2007. And I'm guessing the 2008 will see improvements over the 2007. That's how these things works. First, Ford will learn of things that need improvement (...we're already hearing of suspension improvements and additional options as part of later-run '07 models). Second, for marketing purposes, all the auto manufacturers make incremental improvements year over year...even if they don't "have" to to sell more cars, it seems to be ingrained in the culture.

A slightly more powerful engine is a no-brainer. I'm surprised if this catches anyone by surprise.

For me, none of these slight improvements make a material difference. I'd like to have the car now, but I'm not paying ADM to get it. And those that are paying ADM are, generally, not getting "ripped." Most have simply made the decision that it's worth paying "extra" to get the car early. No big deal.

With just a tune, you'll get 470-489rwhp(540-562hp). 15hp more in 2 years is just to keep the consumers attention. As long as people see how much potential is in these cars and the minimal amount of effort it takes to go REAL fast, They will keep the ADM's going. Just my opinion. Keep searching, your deal will show up sooner or later.

Those who stand on the stump and continually scream they won't pay more then MSRP ------- CAR-LESS

The entertainment and family value to those who get the GT500 now -------- PRICE-LESS

you don't have one do you? never mind.....

Of course he doesn't . . . . he's doing a tactic called "HATING on THOSE who HAVE ONE". He's a rare species of animal called a "HATER" ! He's been drinking too much "HATER-ADE" !

I would rather believe in the here and now and not the maybe that rumors and Ford are famous for.

there will alway be something new,faster,better in the automotive arena..at some point,you chose something,and be happy...I do like my car,and plan to keep it. Just like in life,some one out there makes more money,or has a nicer house, I can admire them,but I'm happy now..and that's what counts :)

Whats up with your attitude dude :spiteful::headscratch: The members around here can take a poke if that is what your wanting to find out. :poke: We don't realy care, So if your hoping :fan: , it wont.

We all share similar interests in this car, and some different perspectives

aswell. For me, one of the things that made getting into the 2007 specifically

important is the fact that it is the 40th anniversary of the first Shelby GT500.

The 2008-09 will be great cars, but they won't be the 40th anniversary of the

original, and that's important to me. I do LOVE my Eleanor!!! This car rocks.

It's everything I hoped it would be, and in some ways morethan I expected.

I will be anxiously awaiting the performance packages, etc. from Shelby

because that will make it more of what I truely love best about this car,

SHE'S A SHELBY BABY!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

important is the fact that it is the 40th anniversary of the first Shelby GT500.

KingCobra.

+1

KingCobra.

Well said KingCobra - The Passion runs deep obviously. B)

KingCobra.

Well said and enough said...... Eleanor has left the building. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I would rather believe in the here and now and not the maybe that rumors and Ford are famous for.

+100

I actually see no point in even discussing what may or may not happen in 2 or 3 years. Why do some folks put so much credibility in what one person happens to say? Buy one now, or buy one later. Doesn't matter to me, but I think that the whole topic of price and value is starting to wear thin in all of the forums, and I think it is time to focus on what great cars these are, and how to make them better.

The last thing I read was that the GT500 was only set for 2 years anyhow (07-08). No matter, I wanted a 40th anniversary GT500 and I got one! With the help of Roush and/or others I can have 700 hp as well with my "40th" anniversary Shelby.

Just ignore those that wish they had one and only post to stir up trouble.

2007 is the year for the "Return of the Muscle Car" in History. It is about the whole concept and product. I believe it is a lottery point in history that if you don't recognize, it will slip past you.

Isn't the 2009 series supposed to look like a Lexus? I've seen some pics posted on this site, but maybe they were for the 2010 model. :shrug:

The proposed appearance of the next generation Mustang may help keep the ADM's out there for quite some time. If 15 extra stock hp and a sleek, sculpted, rounded Lexus is what floats your boat then you do what you need to do. :wacko: It will probably have the navigation system AND the breast pump as available options....

(Cough)

Well said KingCobra...where you been hiding anyway? Or have you just been riding? :shift:

I kind of got disheartened with the whole 3 month wait after my car was built June 30th, and

took delivery October 5th with no explanations, and my dealer was such a P@@CK. And now

she's out there in my garage, and we're making the most of our time until the season closes

out. I LOVE MY CAR!!! It brings an ear to ear smile everytime I see it, every time I start the

engine, and every time I step on the gas!!!

The focus and interest is from a totally different perspective on this car as an owner, as

opposed to a general enthusiast. I still love this site and read almost everyday, but although

alot of what is covered is interesting, it's not really at the heart of where I am going with this

car, now that I am an owner. I am anxiously awaiting the owner's association forum. Is that

still happening???

To all that have thier cars, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

To everyone waiting and hoping, keep the faith and patience, you will be rewarded!!! Take my

word on it. I had high expectations, that grew everyday of my 18 month wait from the time I

placed my deposit down, and it still exceded all of them.

In my opinion, this is the greatest muscle car of all time!!! And she's mine, all mine!!!

KingCobra.

I kind of got disheartened with the whole 3 month wait after my car was built June 30th, and

took delivery October 5th with no explanations, and my dealer was such a P@@CK. And now

she's out there in my garage, and we're making the most of our time until the season closes

out. I LOVE MY CAR!!! It brings an ear to ear smile everytime I see it, every time I start the

engine, and every time I step on the gas!!!

The focus and interest is from a totally different perspective on this car as an owner, as

opposed to a general enthusiast. I still love this site and read almost everyday, but although

alot of what is covered is interesting, it's not really at the heart of where I am going with this

car, now that I am an owner. I am anxiously awaiting the owner's association forum. Is that

still happening???

To all that have thier cars, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

To everyone waiting and hoping, keep the faith and patience, you will be rewarded!!! Take my

word on it. I had high expectations, that grew everyday of my 18 month wait from the time I

placed my deposit down, and it still exceded all of them.

In my opinion, this is the greatest muscle car of all time!!! And she's mine, all mine!!!

KingCobra.

Good to hear you got your Shelby finally James.

It's great to see that people will spend any amount for what they want .

Maybe they are just like our goverment deep in dept and wanting more.

Which our you of the following a wise man or a fool ??????

For me I wish to wait and be wise in my decision when spending this amount of money.

It's great to see that people will spend any amount for what they want .

Maybe they are just like our goverment deep in dept and wanting more.

Which our you of the following a wise man or a fool ??????

For me I wish to wait and be wise in my decision when spending this amount of money.

+1

I refuse to pay an ADM on any car. :rant:

A Shelby in the hand is worth more than a rumor in the bush. With all the finacial problems at Ford and GM don't count on anything you read for 2009. When the Gt500 came out I was 13 and not born to rich parents. I am 53 now and getting to live out my childhood dreams. I am still working with my wife on that two women in bed fantasy but even with money not all dreams come true :bandance: .

Archived