TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need your opinions

blkGT500nCA

So the hood prop on my car has worn through the paint on the underside of my hood. Would you go to FORD and demand a repainted hood??? I've thought about just putting a small black piece of vinyl there to cover it. The only problem w/ having Ford repaint the hood is I've added SS Stripes. So I imagine that the re-SS striping would fall on me. Or do you think they would cover that too, considering the car had stripes on it already that they would have had to replaced anyways. It's just a different design now. What do ya think???

DSC_2888.jpg

DSC_2890.jpg

So the hood prop on my car has worn through the paint on the underside of my hood. Would you go to FORD and demand a repainted hood??? I've thought about just putting a small black piece of vinyl there to cover it. The only problem w/ having Ford repaint the hood is I've added SS Stripes. So I imagine that the re-SS striping would fall on me. Or do you think they would cover that too, considering the car had stripes on it already that they would have had to replaced anyways. It's just a different design now. What do ya think???

DSC_2888.jpg

DSC_2890.jpg

I think you won't get anywhere with a dealer trying to get them to repaint the entire hood, that is a wear point. I'd try to get some touch up paint for that spot and then install some hood struts so you don't need the prop anymore.

DSC_2888.jpg

DSC_2890.jpg

This is an issue with every Mustang. I would be surprised if the dealer even considered a re-paint of the underhood. Its a wear factor and even if you re-painted, same issue would return using the hood prop. Mine is the same way, as I'm sure everyone elses is, as well. I tried a peice of stick on tape and it wore through, as well. I think its something insignifigant that we live with.

I think you won't get anywhere with a dealer trying to get them to repaint the entire hood, that is a wear point. I'd try to get some touch up paint for that spot and then install some hood struts so you don't need the prop anymore.

+100. I agree with 500PLUS. Protect the bare aluminum with touchup and then

install the hood struts. This way you don't revisit this.

Who has the best design on hood struts ? Some don't require holes to be drilled

ItalianStallion

DSC_2888.jpg

DSC_2890.jpg

Ford will not warranty that .

Well, I found out to late, but guess what works great

3m clear bra stuff

You can buy it in small quantities at Wal Mart and just cut a piece, clean area and stick.

I could not get a good cut, but I didnt really take my time, I just didnt want the paint to wear away anymore but it works great and it is clear!

You can only notice it up close, great idea :D

On another note, I have damage on both top side and underside (scratches) and am considering painting, but I doubt the $500 quote including painting the underside.

Is there anything I should know about or precautions if I decide to have the underside of the hood painted?

I assume the factory paint job under the hood blanket is not great but I have no idea as I have not removed it ever.

Thanks

I remember someone posting about a company that will put OEM paint in an aerosol spray can. With that and some prep work it should look pretty good. After it cures a month then add the 3m. Try Google and see what it comes up with.

Archived