TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Living Vicariously

vimstar

Unfortunately this isn’t mine (I have to wait for another year and a half until the double day-care bills are gone) but Dean (a good friend of mine) just got his Tungsten GT500 Vert and I thought I would post it up for him since he isn’t very message-board savvy. I was there when he picked it up from a dealer here in San Diego and got to take a spin and I must say I am jealous. Definitely a fast car. I like how effortlessly it accelerates when passing traffic. Hopefully I will be cruising in mine soon! :happy feet:

post-2932-1162006390_thumb.jpg

post-2932-1162006409_thumb.jpg

post-2932-1162006430_thumb.jpg

Dont worry I dont pimp for any dealers but he did score it for one of the best prices I have seen in this area... $54k out the door.

That's about MSRP. At 48k and change MSRP for the vert w/ interior upgrade and Shaker 500. Maybe 2-3 over unless it had a Shaker 1000, which would put it right on MSRP. If thats the case, pimp for the MSRP dealers all you want. :rockon:

Pimping - that's a good way to get Ruf over here :hysterical:

Noticed a few other Fords in that driveway :shift:

You can also just barley see my 66 parked on the street in the first pic (I offered to trade him but he wouldn’t bite). :P I am pretty sure that the way he got such a good deal on his GT500 is because he buys a ton of cars from this dealer. I am definitely jealous.

You can also just barley see my 66 parked on the street in the first pic (I offered to trade him but he wouldn’t bite). :P I am pretty sure that the way he got such a good deal on his GT500 is because he buys a ton of cars from this dealer. I am definitely jealous.

How long have you had the 66 ? Is it a automatic. Looks like recent new paint. What is the interior like. I have always liked the 66.

How long have you had the 66 ? Is it a automatic. Looks like recent new paint. What is the interior like. I have always liked the 66.

I have had this particular 66 for about a year and a half. I had to get rid of my last one about 5 years ago and always wanted to get another. I got lucky finding this one as the guy selling it had just posted it that morning in the paper and I was the first one to take a look at it. It had a very interesting history (spent about 15 years parked in a garage at one point) and the only reason the owner was selling it was due to health reasons. The Mustang is the original Emberglo color and was repainted by the previous owner. The interior is all original except for a new dash pad. All the number on the car also match (A code engine, Pony interior, power steering, Auto, front disc brakes, 3.00 rear, etc).

All the research I can possibly do on the car says it is a numbers matching original GT. It does need to have a few rust bubbles on the bottom front of the doors repaired (and I like to get a little better paint job) but other that that it is rust free and exceptionally clean. Some day I would really love to get a 65 or 66 Fastback but in the mean time this Mustang is a blast to drive. :shift:

I went ahead and included shot of the interior and I can throw some others up if your interested.

post-2932-1162180923_thumb.jpg

I have had this particular 66 for about a year and a half. I had to get rid of my last one about 5 years ago and always wanted to get another. I got lucky finding this one as the guy selling it had just posted it that morning in the paper and I was the first one to take a look at it. It had a very interesting history (spent about 15 years parked in a garage at one point) and the only reason the owner was selling it was due to health reasons. The Mustang is the original Emberglo color and was repainted by the previous owner. The interior is all original except for a new dash pad. All the number on the car also match (A code engine, Pony interior, power steering, Auto, front disc brakes, 3.00 rear, etc).

All the research I can possibly do on the car says it is a numbers matching original GT. It does need to have a few rust bubbles on the bottom front of the doors repaired (and I like to get a little better paint job) but other that that it is rust free and exceptionally clean. Some day I would really love to get a 65 or 66 Fastback but in the mean time this Mustang is a blast to drive. :shift:

I went ahead and included shot of the interior and I can throw some others up if your interested.

The interior looks nice. How many miles is on it. Post up a few shots of the exterior. We all enjoy looking at these stangs. Thanx :shift:

The interior looks nice. How many miles is on it. Post up a few shots of the exterior. We all enjoy looking at these stangs. Thanx :shift:

The odometer reads 76K right now. According to the previous owner the mileage is correct but who really knows for certain. Here are a few pics of the exterior…

post-2932-1162234554_thumb.jpg

post-2932-1162234568_thumb.jpg

post-2932-1162234589_thumb.jpg

post-2932-1162234554_thumb.jpg

post-2932-1162234568_thumb.jpg

post-2932-1162234589_thumb.jpg

Archived