TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anybody heard about a Quality Hold on ALL SHELBYS?

rmustgt

My car was supposed to arrive at the dealer yesterday. It did not show up so my dealer called Ford today and he was told that my car was still sitting in Flat Rock because there was a quality hold put on ALL SHELBYS. Ford told my dealer that there would be NO SHELBYS shipped until this hold had been lifted. Has anybody else heard about this quality hold????? If so, what's the hold about?? My dealer tried to find out what the hold was for but he was told that there was no further information available!!

My car was supposed to arrive at the dealer yesterday. It did not show up so my dealer called Ford today and he was told that my car was still sitting in Flat Rock because there was a quality hold put on ALL SHELBYS. Ford told my dealer that there would be NO SHELBYS shipped until this hold had been lifted. Has anybody else heard about this quality hold????? If so, what's the hold about?? My dealer tried to find out what the hold was for but he was told that there was no further information available!!

This is another case where we don't want to over-react without more info. Robert, any news? How about Five Oh or isell...you guys know anything?

Stay calm...I know it's tough with so many ridilin-deprived folks on the forum. :hysterical:

Dave

This is another case where we don't want to over-react without more info. Robert, any news? How about Five Oh or isell...you guys know anything?

Stay calm...I know it's tough with so many ridilin-deprived folks on the forum. :hysterical:

Dave

I called to check on my order two days ago and was told that the ETA was moved up a week from Nov 14th to Nov 7th. That said , if they did put a hold on "ALL" Shelbys I say don't sweat it ,it must be for a good reason . I for one would rather that Ford would handle the problem at the factory so I would'nt have the problem to deal with.

It just adds a little to the PSDS thats all.

I called to check on my order two days ago and was told that the ETA was moved up a week from Nov 14th to Nov 7th. That said , if they did put a hold on "ALL" Shelbys I say don't sweat it ,it must be for a good reason . I for one would rather that Ford would handle the problem at the factory so I would'nt have the problem to deal with.

It just adds a little to the PSDS thats all.

Every time I called in, they would give me the date of November 2nd or November 9th. The last time I called, I questioned why the date keeps jumping back and forth. She commented that all she can see on her end is a seven day window that it is expected to arrive, which is November 2nd to November 9th. She explained that on my previous calls, the previous customer service rep was simply quoting one of the dates.

So I don't know if your date really moved, probably a customer service representative quoting the other date.

Either way, glad to hear you are close.

hsurb

I talked to Ralph at AAI early Thursday afternoon about my GT500 that's scheduled to roll down the line next week. I specifically asked if there were any quality holds going on at that time as my dealer had mentioned the regional rep said their might be some delay. Ralph said to his knowledge there were none and production was running smoothly. Take that for what it's worth, but remember it was Ralph who helped clarify the clutch hold some months ago.

BTW, I'd like to reiterate the comments on here that Ralph is truly an awesome guy and an asset to those at AAI and Ford!!!

I talked to Ralph at AAI early Thursday afternoon about my GT500 that's scheduled to roll down the line next week. I specifically asked if there were any quality holds going on at that time as my dealer had mentioned the regional rep said their might be some delay. Ralph said to his knowledge there were none and production was running smoothly. Take that for what it's worth, but remember it was Ralph who helped clarify the clutch hold some months ago.

BTW, I'd like to reiterate the comments on here that Ralph is truly an awesome guy and an asset to those at AAI and Ford!!!

Do you have Ralph's phone number?

hsurb

My car was scheduled to arrive 10/25 and has not shown up yet either. My dealer says it is still on the train somewhere between Kentucky and the closest rail yard to him (Meridian, MS).

I spoke with my dealer today and he said he will track the car again for me on Monday.

Archived