TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS Impala learned the hard way...

69deluxe

We finally have a spell here where the roads were clear of salt from the recent rains and the temps were about 50 degrees. I got the Shelby out yesterday and was cruising down a 3 lane road where there was little traffic. I see in the mirror a black Impala coming up quickly behind me and he passes, but the light ahead was red. It was a SS model which I know is the top end for the model, but didn't know exactly what it was packing. It was a recent model probably ~'07-09. Anyway, the light turned green and he floored it. He swerved agressively around the only other car on the road ahead but still caught the next red light. I casually pulled up beside again and he's revving the sh$t out of his car and inching it forward in anticipation of the green. Three clear lanes ahead and one car behind us and I thought what the hell-- I'll bite.

The light turns green and I launch at 3500K feathering the clutch to not spin the tires and I take it to 6K rpm in 1st and 2nd then wrap up the slaughter through most of 3rd. Compared to his exhaust, mine sounded like God himself was clearing his throat. Well, it just wasn't pretty for him at all. At least 10 lengths ahead and I just start coasting. He never pulled up even with me again even when I dropped to 5mph under the limit. We went another 2 miles with him 2 cars behind, then he turned. Guess he thought he had more...

:hysterical3:Impalla.... :rolleyes: SS :hysterical2: Seriously.....what a turd, that guy sounds like that is exactly what he should have been driving... :bike:

Either way good kill, although you should have had him reimburse you for your gas...

Impalla....like bringing a stick to a gunfight...lol

:hysterical3:Impalla.... :rolleyes: SS :hysterical2: Seriously.....what a turd, that guy sounds like that is exactly what he should have been driving... :bike:

Either way good kill, although you should have had him reimburse you for your gas...

Impalla....like bringing a stick to a gunfight...lol

+1

interestingly i think these impala ss guys are on crack or something. i have had more impala ss "attacks" than any other vehicle with the same result as 69deluxe. go figure???

I understand if ya got some ponies under the hood, but an IMPALA?

The front wheel drive ones are a joke. But...be wary of the '94-'96 rear drive V8 models!

Like the Fox body Mustang, many of them are heavily modified by now.

Stroked LT1's respond very well to NOS!

You should have just gave him the "Pinkey Finger" like in that Terrible but True Video "Pay Attention or Pay The Price". Street Racing= NOT COOL! Even more so against a car you KNOW you can outrun. JMHO. Chuck.

Can't argue with you! The road was straight with no cars/pedestrians ahead. Believe me if there were either I wouldn't or would shut it down. Also, I only took it to 3rd-- I would not go balls-to-the-wall beyond on the street. But your right it is still immature..

Can't argue with you! The road was straight with no cars/pedestrians ahead. Believe me if there were either I wouldn't or would shut it down. Also, I only took it to 3rd-- I would not go balls-to-the-wall beyond on the street. But your right it is still immature..

Nice Job 60deluxe, That'll learn those Chevy guys.

th_brandsam.gif

ItalianStallion

The last guy I had wanting to run at a stop light was in a dually diesel pickup. 6" exhaust pipes roaring at the red light.

I looked over at him and he gave me a look like 'look out!' I didn't really take him seriously and let him go a little just keeping pace 1/2 car back, watching that giant cloud of black smoke pour skyward, until 3rd gear then I couldn't help myself. I passed him by a length and let him off the hook.

He had some money in that truck and in 4wd was really quick off the line. I was surprised at how fast that big ol diesel ran though. You just never know...

Oh, THAT Buick....yeah, look out! I was at Bowling Green, KY one year when they had the GNX run-offs.....wild! Nah, this was a 4 door fwd LaSomething..... And yeah, I gotta guy at church keeps telling me how hot his Dodge diesel is.... I told him I'd race him, but he'd have to spot me off the line 'cause I didn't want diesel soot all over my car!

Archived