TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Took the SGT out for a drive..

rnoggle

The weather was SO nice here in Northern Indiana today. I pulled the cover off and went out on about a 45 mile cruise. It was a little chilly, but the roads were dry and clear :shift:!!!

First time it's been out of the garage since Halloween :happy feet:!! :happy feet:

Now it's back in the garge all covered up. probably until spring :cry:

Mine has not been on the road since October, and won't be until probably April!

Ive been stealing rides since early November reluctant to accept the enivitable.

Washed my girl Sunday, under the cover she went, stabil in the tank and

hooked to the battery tender.

Not coming out till March.

I'll have to get my fix with Dale's SGT,

but frankly with her auto and no 4:10s,

its a completely different car.

I know, I know......SNAP OUT OF IT!

We finally got above freezing for the first time in weeks :happy feet: This means the 3 feet of snow in my area is melting and running off, creating the dreaded salt spray. :nonono: Snow showers predicted for later on New Years Day and a rain/snow mix for the day after. No Shelby rides here :cry:

My SGT hasn't been started since we got back from our Vegas road trip in early November. Man, I miss that exhaust rumble. :yup: I just might have to bust her out from under the cover, fire her up, back out of the garage for a quickie wash job and back in again :shift: on New Years Day. A good way to start off the new year and say good riddence to 2008 :rip:

I guess a 20' run is better than none :shrug:

I should probably let mine warm up at least today. We're still recovering from the 18" of show we got before Christmas, the roads are still dirty and more is expected tomorrow and this coming weekend.

Took ours out Sunday for a short drive, fifty miles or so. They said severe storms but the weather held out so we put the top down and enjoyed. We picked up a few bugs so I washed it when we got home and put it back in the garage. Maybe we'll get a chance again this weekend.

Mine's been sitting in the garage since December 1st. That was the last of the good weather around here before the salt hit the roads.

I reduce the insurance coverage over the winter to save a few bucks and to keep me from getting tempted to take it out for a quick ride on the salty roads!

Oh well, only a few more months till spring! :banghead:

-yellow pony

Mine's been sitting in the garage since December 1st. That was the last of the good weather around here before the salt hit the roads.

I reduce the insurance coverage over the winter to save a few bucks and to keep me from getting tempted to take it out for a quick ride on the salty roads!

Oh well, only a few more months till spring! :banghead:

-yellow pony

Mine has the same status.

While we had the same nice warm weather and salt free roads, we in Michigan got the return of the pot holes. Roads have become so bad that you might fall in one and not be found till June 2009.

Happy New Year to all.

Our December has been the second most snowy on record. The Shelby has been sequestered since mid November and will probably not see the road until March or so. Oh well, it saves on insurance and just think of many fewer miles we northerners rack up on our cars (you have to look for the silver lining).

Our December has been the second most snowy on record. The Shelby has been sequestered since mid November and will probably not see the road until March or so. Oh well, it saves on insurance and just think of many fewer miles we northerners rack up on our cars (you have to look for the silver lining).

Also, when you get in and fire that baby up the first time in the spring, you get that same rush you got the day you bought it :drool:.

It's almost like getting a brand new car again :shift:

Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL SO CAL day! Rolling down the 60 fwy from the 15 and saw a cop in an SUV. It kept inching up closer to me, I was in the slow lane taking it easy. Finally, made me nervous enough to look over at which the female cop gave me a big smile and thumbs up! Nice!!! (The really cool thing is i've seen her patrol one of our "back roads" so i'm assuming there's at least ONE free ticket waiting for me!)

Roads are dry here and the temps almost hit 60. :happy feet: I decided that I could get past the 6' ice patch at the base of our uphill driveway, so I took the Shelby to the office and washed it up. Had to go for a little drive after that to make sure the SC was still working! :shift: (It is.) Then, home, into the garage and under the cover. It supposed to snow on Sunday. Oh well, I feel better for having gotten it out on the road. Hopefully, I can get it out again in two or three more weeks to keep everything working well. Cars hate to sit.

Archived